Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The *other* Twix Flavors and Tan M&Ms (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91627)

Oblivion437 09-13-2004 04:10 PM

So, I was thinking the other day:

-What happened to tan M&Ms?
-What happened to those other two Twix flavors?

Anybody got some answers?

Ilander 09-13-2004 04:17 PM

They fell down a hole and died...No, they probably just weren't successful in the trial runs. That happens a lot with food companies...they try limited releases with new products, and if they aren't successful, then they are nixxed.

Ronn_Bman 09-13-2004 04:19 PM

When they changed the caliber of the plain M&M's, they found that tan just wasn't as efficient a casing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, they did away with tan and one other color and added the colors chosen by consumers in a contest of some sort a few years ago, didn't they? Seems like that is how the blue M&M's came about.

My guess on the other flavors of Twix is that they just didn't sell enough. If they do still make them, they must not be popular enough to make it into your market, or mine for that matter.

Remember Zero bars? The outside on the inside, and the inside on the outside candy bar? I always loved those, but I haven't seen one in years.

[ 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Aelia Jusa 09-13-2004 04:27 PM

That's true! There used to be dark and light brown m&ms, now only dark... how curious! I have to say I don't love the black and white m&ms they have now. The white ones just look like when you suck a normal one and all the colour comes off. Yick!

Mack_Attack 09-13-2004 04:41 PM

I could look into it for ya. One of my close friends is into the candy buisness. She work for Nestle. I love it when she lets me try all the new candy bars coming out. :D

LordKathen 09-13-2004 05:37 PM

<font color=lime>Knock it off! You're all making me hungry! :D </font>

Luvian 09-13-2004 05:55 PM

You know what I liked? The Oreo cereals... Chemical and sugary, but so good... [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's a shame they didn't become more sucessfull...

Ronn_Bman 09-13-2004 06:09 PM

And Coo-kie Crisps! MMMMMM....

Stormymystic 09-13-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
When they changed the caliber of the plain M&M's, they found that tan just wasn't as efficient a casing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, they did away with tan and one other color and added the colors chosen by consumers in a contest of some sort a few years ago, didn't they? Seems like that is how the blue M&M's came about.

My guess on the other flavors of Twix is that they just didn't sell enough. If they do still make them, they must not be popular enough to make it into your market, or mine for that matter.

Remember Zero bars? The outside on the inside, and the inside on the outside candy bar? I always loved those, but I haven't seen one in years.

Zero's have made a big comeback here in Arkansas :D I love them, yummy....

Kakero 09-13-2004 08:18 PM

Someone bought the whole lot and ate it all.