Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tooth Fairy..... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92533)

Stormymystic 12-17-2004 01:33 PM

Caleb lost his first tooth naturaly yesterday (meaning the first one came out when he fell into a bed) so the tooth fairy visited last night. now for most kids, this is exciting...not for him, he was upset about not having the tooth anymore :/ Revruby suggested I clean it and give it back to him in a minature bottle, which is what I am going to do. has any other parents had this problem with the first tooth causing the child to be so upset? we had been telling him all day that she was coming to leave him money for the tooth, but I do not think we explained it right, lol. I was on the verge of crying myself because he was so upset about it :(

pritchke 12-17-2004 01:40 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">I have heard of other people that have had this problem. Not sure what to do, maybe sit down and write a letter to the tooth fairy asking to return the tooth with a refund. The tooth fairy did break into your house and take his tooth without permission. Obviously the tooth was worth more to him than the money, so having him want to keep it as a keep sake isn't that uncommon.
</font>

[ 12-17-2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Dirty Meg 12-17-2004 01:42 PM

Tell him that many people have lived fulfilling and succesful lives without teeth. Shane MacGowen and George Washington to name just two.

Blunderbuss 12-17-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Tell him that many people have lived fulfilling and succesful lives without teeth. Shane MacGowen and George Washington to name just two.
Not sure the kid will have any idea what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to suggest, perhaps you should just inform him that it will grow back.

Mack_Attack 12-17-2004 02:24 PM

Yes giving him back the tooth will be a good idea just tell him you made a deal with the tooth fairy when he/she was walking out with the tooth(insert some story).

And by the way what is the going rate for cash replacement? :D

SilentThief 12-17-2004 03:30 PM

Can't remember my first tooth fairy time, being it was a while ago... However it would seem that after thinking about it for a while that yes that would be a scary thing! here you have some fantastic creature just waiting to take a piece of you and flip off a little change for one of your body pieces. Sounds like the story (dunno if true or not) about the dude waking up lying in a tub full of ice with his kidneys removed...

best advice: hugs and downplay that it means anything

SilentThief

Stormymystic 12-17-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blunderbuss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirty Meg:

Not sure the kid will have any idea what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to suggest, perhaps you should just inform him that it will grow back. </font>[/QUOTE]he understands that part, but he wanted to keep the tooth ;)
Quote:

Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Yes giving him back the tooth will be a good idea just tell him you made a deal with the tooth fairy when he/she was walking out with the tooth(insert some story).

And by the way what is the going rate for cash replacement? :D

I gathered all the change I had $1.35 [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Quote:

Originally posted by SilentThief:
Can't remember my first tooth fairy time, being it was a while ago... However it would seem that after thinking about it for a while that yes that would be a scary thing! here you have some fantastic creature just waiting to take a piece of you and flip off a little change for one of your body pieces. Sounds like the story (dunno if true or not) about the dude waking up lying in a tub full of ice with his kidneys removed...

best advice: hugs and downplay that it means anything

SilentThief

we are trying that, but I am going to give him the tooth back, just need to find something to put it in.

pritchke 12-17-2004 03:40 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">$1.35!!!!! Looks like even the tooth fairies prices have inflated. :D </font>

Stormymystic 12-17-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pritchke:
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">$1.35!!!!! Looks like even the tooth fairies prices have inflated. :D </font>
the cost of soda's and candy have gone up, so she leaves more now :D

Sir Goulum 12-17-2004 09:41 PM

The most I ever got from the little fairy was $.50! Stupid inflation! [img]tongue.gif[/img]