Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should Ironworks have it's own NWN Scripts/Builder Forum? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35468)

Ziroc 06-04-2003 08:27 AM

I was thinking of kinda merging my Mod, 'Escape from Undermountain' into a new forum, called "NWN Building|Mods|Scripts & EfU Forum"

I just don't know how many of you are Mod designers, and if enough people would like to have a forum like this.

When I reopen our Neverwinter Nights website (the webarea) It'll have most of the best scripts for download, and should bring a LOT of new members into this forum, as well as the Add-On coming out this Month.

Let me know! If you have some ideas, throw them in here! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Larry_OHF 06-04-2003 09:46 AM

<font color=skyblue>I really like your idea! I am more of the builder than a player...because I enjoy creating the new areas and all that. I would love to have a forum where we just did scripting and building. Having a focused area to do that type of work in would free up this forum so game questions can be asked here. My only question...and you already know what I am gonna say...is what do we do about people with the expansion, or without the expansion? Builders with the expansion will have alot more at their disposal than those that do not. Will we just say that our builder/script forum will be for those that do have the expansion, and if the person does not have it, then sorry?

Maybe I am looking too much into this. Maybe it won't be as difficult as I am dreaming it up to be. </font>

Ziroc 06-04-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I really like your idea! I am more of the builder than a player...because I enjoy creating the new areas and all that. I would love to have a forum where we just did scripting and building. Having a focused area to do that type of work in would free up this forum so game questions can be asked here. My only question...and you already know what I am gonna say...is what do we do about people with the expansion, or without the expansion? Builders with the expansion will have alot more at their disposal than those that do not. Will we just say that our builder/script forum will be for those that do have the expansion, and if the person does not have it, then sorry?

Maybe I am looking too much into this. Maybe it won't be as difficult as I am dreaming it up to be. </font>

Just make them put a [SoU] in front of their post. I'll even make it a 'bulletin' so people know to do that..

philip 06-04-2003 10:26 AM

I'd like it and definitely use it. If there are enough people on it, though i can imagine it being not very active cause of the Bioware forums. I can't remember seeing any other script/build questions other than there are in page 1 now. It might be that a special forum invites more people to ask the questions

Granamere 06-04-2003 11:51 AM

Can you put a sub forum under NWN? Kind of like a sticky at the top? I personally have not done anything with scripting and I kind of like looking through what is posted here just to get an idea of what it is like. If I were doing the coding I would prefer a seperate forum so I could go in and browse through looking for ideas.
Granamere

SpiritWarrior 06-05-2003 03:00 AM

Great idea but the audience just isn't there. The NWN's forum traffic is so slow it's unbelievable, compared to the BG2 forum. But then maybe new people will come along as you say...will take some time i'd imagine.

Wulfere 06-16-2003 07:43 AM

The problem is there are lots of folks who, like me, want to learn scripting but, when we search, find all of this very arcane stuff. If there could be something to help us learn it would be great. The World Builders Guide is next to useless in this reguard. I have tried the links on nwvault and they will not function for me. The one time I did get a tutorial to open it said I needed a compiler and the link to the compiler was down so I have given up. I have asked for links to tutorials in another thread but, went unanswered. I don't know how hard it would be to do such a thing. Maybe a Scripting for Dummies thread?

Oh well of to the 3rd world sweat shop that is Rubbermaid/Vise Grip.

[ 06-16-2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Wulfere ]

philip 06-16-2003 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wulfere:
The problem is there are lots of folks who, like me, want to learn scripting but, when we search, find all of this very arcane stuff. If there could be something to help us learn it would be great
the NWN lexicon has great tutorials which learned me scripting: NWN lexicon

Chewbacca 06-16-2003 03:04 PM

I would participate. It would be easier to pick-out builder-specific topics if they had their own forum. It would be easier for the novice builder as well.

Slow forums are not always bad IMO.
I have seen many pleas for help fall off the BioWare Forums in oblivion because they were so darn busy.

So to sum up the answer-Yes, bring-on a builders forum!

Jedimaster 06-16-2003 04:58 PM

Sounds good to me.