Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   stuck in ruined temple (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59241)

lorenzo 11-23-2001 06:44 AM

I'm stuck in the ruined temple of aumantor and it's driving me bananas. I have only 2 of the 3 segments for the symbol; one was in a pillar, the other somewhere near mazzy's prison I think....where is the last bit?

Also, I can't dispel the second wall of shadow; I keep having to walk through the lava. Am I missing something.

cheers!

Galadria 11-23-2001 06:48 AM

SPOILER
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Walk AROUND the lava, kill the golems/ liches and go to a small room below. Spell out Amaunator(sp?) and then take what is in the two small rooms behind. Do NOT let your leader talk to the shadow!

Jan 11-23-2001 07:45 AM

Why??

Whailor 11-23-2001 07:53 AM

Frankly I don't know either why. I entered the temple, then left my group at the entrance and went through the whole area with my main char, solo. I aint going to tell where the pieces are, they aint hard to find at all. But beats me why the main char shouldn't talk to 'that' shadow or anything else.. I spoke to all, smacked all, all alone, no issues whatsoever for me. Maybe it differs per level/char/class/race/whatever, but beats me why. Never had any issues of any kind myself..

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 07:54 AM

He attacks you, but he is very easy, so you shouldn't worry ;)

lorenzo 11-23-2001 09:25 AM

cheers guys, i think i know what the problem is; my main character (thief)spoke to the shadow who left, then when i passed it afterwards i was stealthing. the attack response therefore sent the shadow off to attack the main party on the other side of the letter board whereupon it got frazzled on the way. so i guess the piece is currently lying on a trapped bit of board...

cheesus 11-23-2001 11:31 AM

spoiler

if there's nothing on the amunator tiles, check out the room the shadow was in - i think the final piece might be hidden in there rather than on his person. it's the room just across the amunator tiles. hope that's helpful.

Kaz 11-23-2001 12:11 PM

I had trouble finding that piece too. It's
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-in the room behind the floor tiles, not on the shadow's body. The place where it is is small...

Janus 11-24-2001 03:01 PM

Spoiler
just in case you dont know this is the location of all three pieces:
(1)Talk to the head north of the entrance,Either find the 3 pices of paper lying around to get the comibation or guess the answers. (2)If you have the bones you found earlier give them to amunator and she will give to the second.(3) The final piece as you just mentioned is is the room where the shadow who tries to surrendur is, its in a crack in the wall on the left.

Sorry you just woundent belive the truble i had on this quest.Also if
you are looking for Mazzy she is looked in the doors near the entrance wich you cannout open, a shadow jailor drops the key after you kill him.

also would your character happen to be a Ranger, because loads of interesting stuff happens later if you are.