Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bonus CD installed but no extra merchants (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59423)

Jan 11-30-2001 08:52 AM

What is that supposted to mean??

I installed but nothing has happened.

Sir Exxon 11-30-2001 08:55 AM

<font color="yellow">MINOR BONUS-CD SPOILER
There are supposed to be two bonus merchants, one in the Adventure Mart, and one in Trademeet or something.</font>

see ya!

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 09:00 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="yellow">MINOR BONUS-CD SPOILER
There are supposed to be two bonus merchants, one in the Adventure Mart, and one in Trademeet or something.</font>
see ya!
<hr></blockquote>

Get back here! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's the Adventurer's Mart and the Copper Coronet. ;)

Sir Exxon 11-30-2001 09:04 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Get back here! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's the Adventurer's Mart and the Copper Coronet. ;)
<hr></blockquote>

<font color="yellow">Ok, the Copper Coronet then.
Sorry. I only really knew of the one in Adventurers Mart, and I thought I had heard of some in Trademeet.
No, wait a sec.
The one in Trademeet was the one with all the good stuff, not a bonus merchant! I am so embaressed right now, cause I was actually the one that posted about that guy...</font>

see ya!

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 09:04 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jan:
What is that supposted to mean??
I installed but nothing has happened.
<hr></blockquote>

Hmmmm... I do not know how the CD works, but basically I got my bonus merchants from Balderdash. I unzipped the files and pasted them in my overwrite folder; and that is it!

Deidre resides behind Ribald on the upper level of the Adventurer's Mart. She looks like a noblewoman and sells popular items like the Robe of Vecna and Shield of Balduran.

Joluv resides at the BBQ pits in the Copper Coronet. He looks like a nobleman and sells the much talked about Sling of Everand.

Jan 11-30-2001 09:15 AM

They aren't there. Damn.

Sir Exxon 11-30-2001 09:17 AM

<font color="yellow">If you really want the merchants, you can download the patch. I dont have any address, though.</font>

see ya!

Jan 11-30-2001 09:20 AM

That´s what I did. Download and install = nothing.

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 09:27 AM

Install? If you are downloading from Balderdash, you have to unzip the files, then cut and paste the files into your overwrite folder.

Balderdash

Jan 11-30-2001 09:29 AM

Maybe I didn't do it correct (unzip and overwrite)?

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 09:33 AM

Assuming you installed BG2 into the default folder, the override folder is located in this directory,

<font color="white">C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\override</font>

Simply copy the unzipped files and paste it into this folder.

cheesus 11-30-2001 09:36 AM

you just need to put the files in the override folder - my download came with a readme that helped but it should just be the case of putting the unzipped stuff in the override folder then going to those places and meeting the merchants.