Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Huh? Yoshimo is... not willing (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14412)

drew_jarvie 11-16-2003 12:19 PM

This will be a major spoiler so if you havrnt gotten to chapter 5 yet look away now
-
--
-
-
-
Yes it is a big spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yea, so im in spellhold and I'vs just found out that Yoshimo is a traitor. Is the traitor randomised, or is it always Yoshimo?

Its just im pretty hacked off cause I have had him for ages, got him very good epuipment and the such like. If it is randomised i might even consider going back, but I dunno. Im in the underdark now and Imoen has replacd him. Maybe I should just carry on?

Dundee Slaytern 11-16-2003 12:23 PM

It is not random. Going on is your best bet, storywise.

Lord 11-16-2003 12:27 PM

If you really liked him, and you have ToB, then you can get him there again ;)

drew_jarvie 11-16-2003 01:01 PM

Ah, ok. Whats the point in having him betray you? It seems like a waste of VITAL experience points, my guys could be all another level up if he wasnt there. And is it just me or do chapters 3 and 4 go very fast compared to one and two?

Pirengle 11-16-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord:
If you really liked him, and you have ToB, then you can get him there again ;)
Without laying down massive ToB spoilers (and I'll be gnashing teeth if anyone else does, so beware), this won't work. Sad to say, by Ch. 4, Yoshimo is no longer an option.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally posted by drew_jarvie:
Ah, ok. Whats the point in having him betray you? It seems like a waste of VITAL experience points, my guys could be all another level up if he wasnt there. And is it just me or do chapters 3 and 4 go very fast compared to one and two?
See, there's this amazing thing called "roleplaying" that this game encourages. From a roleplay point of view, his betrayal is largely unexpected. Sure, the game hints at it, but if you don't pick up thee hints... (Or, in my case, you could read the BG1 board and read badly-hidden spoilers. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

[ 11-16-2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]

drew_jarvie 11-16-2003 01:24 PM

Yea... Oh well.

Hey guys do you reckon its worth getting BG One? I only got BG2 as part of a two for £30 game offer and picked it cause i didnt know what else to buy. So do you think that it is worth it?

Faceman 11-16-2003 01:26 PM

1. There are certain exploits to keep Yoshimo, but they are fixed with Baldurdash.
2. You can get some of your XP back if you handle the Yoshimo case the right way.

Fs.SaCuL 11-16-2003 01:39 PM

I really didn't know he was a traitor...

that's interesting...

drew_jarvie 11-16-2003 01:56 PM

I really didn't know he was a traitor...

that's interesting...

Well i did warn you lol...
Faceman, what is the way to get his experience you are telling me about? Maybe i have doen it and not realised...

EDIT] Oh yea, im playing the game while playing this and ive just noticed soemthing really cool. If you summon a fire elemental and he gets confused (and is still confused at the time he is due to get unsummoned) the game will still display fire elemental-unsummoned but he will stay with you forever. (well i been playing last 15 minutes with him. HEHE,...

[ 11-16-2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: drew_jarvie ]

Lord 11-16-2003 02:40 PM

If you have a party of 6, Yoshimo leaves so that you can get Imoen into your party.
Seeing how this thread is already full of spoilers, I'll just get on with it. When you kill Yoshimo, take his heart, and take it to the Temple of Ilmater in the Slums District, and you will gain 200,000 XP for giving the heart to the priest.
Yoshimo can be gotten in ToB, actually. Highlight to read
*<font color=#3D2F1B>If you use the spirit statue in your pocket plane, there is an option to summon forth Yoshimo. I havn't actually tried summoning him, but the option is there</font>*