Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Date of Birth (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101540)

Lord 06-30-2010 11:05 PM

Date of Birth

While searching through the user control panel for some settings I wanted to change, I stumbled upon a funny line in the details section, which reads:

Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Surely this option only applies to members who are capable of spontaneously combusting and then re-forming back into a new and improved being? :laughhard:

And hello to the folks still here. :wave: It's good to see how many people have stuck around here through all these years!

johnny 06-30-2010 11:42 PM

Re: Date of Birth

Well, people always tell me that i was born yesterday, but seriously...i'm from '66. :D

Kyrvias 07-01-2010 03:59 AM

<font color = mediumspringgreen>5 years I've been here- and that's still at least 2 years shy of some of the older members. and 4 years shy even more! But they've all been good yeasr, to be sure. :D </font>

Hivetyrant 07-01-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrvias (Post 1241195)
<font color = mediumspringgreen>5 years I've been here- and that's still at least 2 years shy of some of the older members. and 4 years shy even more! But they've all been good yeasr, to be sure. :D </font>

Wow, I feel old now!

robertthebard 07-01-2010 11:00 AM

I change my DoB regularly, to throw off that guy with the hooded cape and scythe.

SecretMaster 07-01-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord (Post 1241192)
While searching through the user control panel for some settings I wanted to change, I stumbled upon a funny line in the details section, which reads:

Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Surely this option only applies to members who are capable of spontaneously combusting and then re-forming back into a new and improved being? :laughhard:

And hello to the folks still here. :wave: It's good to see how many people have stuck around here through all these years!

I noticed that too. It changed waaay back when Ziroc implemented the new forums IIRC. My date of birth got messed up on the transition (and has been incorrect ever since). I tried changing it and got the same message, and I was too lazy to tell Ziroc.

On a side note, yeah I've been here 8 or 9 years now. Wow that is a long time. I joined right after it went from blue boards to brown boards.

Ziroc 07-02-2010 01:20 AM

That's weird! I'll check into the setting for that. lol, I wonder why the default is to lock you out of that.. will fix it ;)

Choc did it!!! :) "You can NEVER again change your DOB! Muhahahaha" ah-hem....
I bet it has to do with the COPPA thing.. for underage registrants. maybe...

Loudhy 07-02-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1241220)
I bet it has to do with the COPPA thing.. for underage registrants. maybe...

No, I think it's for older forum members to betray themselves. Or you may say, it's a youth fountain of some sort :D.

Jorath Calar 07-04-2010 07:48 PM

It's for the Timelords amongst us...

[Regenerates]

Cloudbringer 07-06-2010 06:01 PM

Rats, and I wanted to change mine this year! :D Oh Choooooooc.... I have some of the good 'nip....... :D :D :D