Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   J'Nah Help (SPOILERS) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36271)

Beaumanoir 11-11-2003 02:22 PM

I'm playing a ranger and I'm at level 5. Dorna as my henchman, and I can't seem to beat J'nah! I use the powder on her and she goes down to 'injured', the gnolls turn up but they get wiped out by the guards her spells and a hellhound, and she wipes me out with 2 spells (or one well hit one!)
HELP!!!

philip 11-11-2003 03:41 PM

you can walk back to the entrance, luring the guards with you and killing them.
in one of the chests in the hall to the 4 elementals is a potion of elemental resist, it might save you for the first few spells. if j'nah is the only one left you could just hack her (if you want to do it cheesy walk away close the door and wait for protection to wear of then you have a few attacks before her protections are up)

Cloudbringer 11-13-2003 11:01 AM

Beau, I beat her three different ways, but the main idea is to separate her from her pack if you can. What special item did you choose when you did the elemental rooms just before that and used your token(s)?
Spoilers follow!

The last time I played that area, I actually walked into all the rooms surrounding J'nah, picked up the loot, then from the exact opposite side from where I entered, I ran straight across to the door and J'nah followed right up to the pillar. I turned and talked with her, then set the elemental loose right next to her, so she focused on it(I'd chosen the earth one with my token) and hit her with the powder. Then just wail on her for all you're worth! Also, get the hellhound out fast, he does lots of damage.

In my first game, I played a ranger(/arcane archer) and she fought from the center of the room, but lost several times, so I switched strategy and lured them to the doorway. I think in the end, I just RAN to the door and closed the second set, healed up and went back for more punishment... I don't even remember what finally killed J'nah! LOL

Beaumanoir 11-13-2003 01:17 PM

Special Item? Bugger.. I thought the token just opened the door! LOL! Methinks I've missed out on something [img]tongue.gif[/img] Who'd you get it from? Too late now im in the next chapter!

philip 11-13-2003 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Special Item? Bugger.. I thought the token just opened the door! LOL! Methinks I've missed out on something [img]tongue.gif[/img] Who'd you get it from?
in the pool with the symbols on it. you have to put some token in it and choose a symbol, then it gives you an item.

Cloudbringer 11-13-2003 11:28 PM

Yup, that's the little pool in the room across from the lever and the door to J'nah's lair. [img]smile.gif[/img] You read the runes and choose one when you put the token in. It gives you a special item, that comes in handy in your fight.