Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Save storage space for Ziroc? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72736)

Barb 12-14-2001 01:34 PM

I think that Z should delete some of the old topics (ie keep the ones from last 6 months) and delete the rest. This would save space on IW.

250 12-14-2001 01:35 PM

you have to know, those posts might be Ziroc's prized possession :D
so dont give this advice! you might get banned! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

MagiK 12-14-2001 01:42 PM

Just my thoughts on this, but I think Z should make his own mind up. It is his board and I think we should allow him the courtesy of running it as he sees fit, if he decides we need to clean up space fine, Im sure he can do that and really doesnt need us to tell him so.
and rather than deleting there are other options, such as compressing it and putting it on some kind of permanent storage media...CD-R comes to mind...

Cloudbringer 12-14-2001 01:52 PM

Barb, maybe you should delete this thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ziroc knows what he is doing and will take appropriate action. He's been the webmaster a long time! :D The question is not should he axe old material, but better yet, should we exercise some restraint and good judgement in what we chose to post NOW.

Cloudy

Larry_OHF 12-14-2001 02:00 PM

<font color="lightblue">The whipping of certain members would do the board alot of good!
[img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]

Maybe they would learn not to spam so much after a nice flogging!
;)
</font>

Arvon 12-14-2001 02:22 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color="lightblue">The whipping of certain members would do the board alot of good!

;)
</font>
<hr></blockquote>Oh hit me...beat me...make me write bad checks...

MILAMBER 12-14-2001 02:51 PM

How about we delete all the clan threads instead? I'll bet that will cut down at least 25% of the board size. ;)

Neb 12-14-2001 03:01 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

;)
</font>
<hr></blockquote>

Much of what is defined as SPAM is actually fun, even though it IS SPAM...... I too would suggest just clearing away some of the oldest pages.... Who really reads them anyway.

Rikard_OHF 12-14-2001 03:04 PM

it might be just me but maybe we should keep the legendary threads while the other things (like birthday threads or "ATTN" thread) can be deleted
just a thought
I will let you people know that if you look back at old threads they are never ass fun as they were when you wrote it

WOLFGIR 12-14-2001 03:29 PM

By Holy Santa-Choc... Delete the old threads?? Are you crazy??? ??

Thats where the magic is lad! If a delete should be made, don´t right down every idea to save HD memory, I think Ziroc is on top of that ;)

Start with deleting the Clan posts and the serious spam.. (if neede even this post.. ) [img]tongue.gif[/img]