Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fallout 2 help (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66160)

Firestormalpha 04-30-2004 01:22 PM

Alrighty, Just got the quest in the Den from Becky (the bar owner) to collect a debt from Fred. Anyways I ran a thorough search of the city talk to every (and I mean every) human being in the city. Fred was nowhere to be found. According to the UHS site Fred is supposed to be in Flick's place, but I couldn't find him there. Only a bunch of addicts and Flick, and the occassional child that rampages around the city (Oh yeah, about the children, if I just up and kill them will the whole town turn on me? I mean they are just annoying and I went into a shop and one of them froze in the doorway the only doorway)

Anyway is there any solution to my Fred situation or am I basically screwed on what is effectively a very minor quest anyway?

pritchke 04-30-2004 01:37 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">You are right were I am. Fred is one of the common looking guys in the house just south of Beckeys. It is the house were the guy talks about taking care of his kids but you can't really understand what he is talking about. (Oh yah Flick!! He should be there, talk to everyone in the house again as they tend to wander around.)

I am having problems finding a book for Beckey? I found it once, but had to reload and now it is no longer in the location I found it.
</font>

[ 04-30-2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Firestormalpha 04-30-2004 01:53 PM

Yeah, I read in a walkthrough that the book appears in random locations

Dundee Slaytern 04-30-2004 02:06 PM

There are 3( maybe 4) locations that the book can spawn at.

Fred is... random too( since the NPCs wander around). He IS on the same map as Flick's place though, so just keep talking to all the male addicts. ;) You will find him eventually.

The quest of Fred's debt has no earth shattering consequences, but the long term reward is fantastic. ;)

Firestormalpha 04-30-2004 03:06 PM

Found Fred. He had actually wandered into Becky's place (last place one would have expected to find him) Now hunting for the book. It would help finding the book if I could remember what a book on the ground looked like. Or even more so if I new the possible locations (yeah I know spoilers, but it's not like it's anything even remotely important)

pritchke 04-30-2004 04:29 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">The book is a little white square block on the ground. I assume the book stays on the same map.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I found it the first time in the very west of the cemetery near a fence post.

Any other areas anyone has found it?</font>

[ 04-30-2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Firestormalpha 04-30-2004 04:57 PM

I haven't even found it once yet.

Oh yeah, do the little brats still steal from you after you kill flick?

pritchke 04-30-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
I haven't even found it once yet.

Oh yeah, do the little brats still steal from you after you kill flick?

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Don't know but that might be why Fred headed up to Becky's place. I am finding that non-hostile NPC's will run away to some place safe if you decide to kill someone and they can see you.</font>

[ 04-30-2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Firestormalpha 04-30-2004 05:47 PM

Blast!! I've search everywhere for this "white square block" and all I've turned up is a knife and some 10mm AP ammo (how'd armor get there? :D ).

[ 04-30-2004, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

pritchke 04-30-2004 05:51 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Found a knife on the ground somewhere!! believe it or not the book is much eaiser to spot than the knife. I am thinking it might be behind a wall or something so than you would not see it until you walked near it.</font>

[ 04-30-2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]