Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Dang that last lich help plz {Spoil} (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59153)

Oz 11-20-2001 03:18 PM

I hate Kangraxx... I can kill his first form but the next one that pops out just starts firing off that imprison spell like a machine gun untill he reaches my main char. When he gets imprisond the game thinks he's dead and makes me reload. Any ideas?

Mack_Attack 11-20-2001 03:23 PM

Who do you have in your party. You can send in minsc in a rage. That spell will have no effect on him.
Or a cheese way is to send a wizard eye up to the lich and he will cast his spells on the eye and the eye is not effected by it.

Sir Exxon 11-20-2001 03:23 PM

I throw a bunch of protection-spells on my party, and make sure that everybody is equipped with very strong weapons.
It usually takes a couple of tries to take him.
You can also use high-level Keldorn to turn undead. There is a very little chance that he gets killed by that, but its worth a try!

see ya!

Oz 11-20-2001 03:27 PM

LOL, i have none of that stuff... right now i am at spell hold rescuing imoen{btw: can i dump her after i leave or do i have to keep her in my party} In my party when I was there was a dwarven fighter,keldorn,arie,jaheira,cernd, and jan jansen, i have only the holy avenger as more than a +3 wepon an no wizzard eye that i know of...

Sir Exxon 11-20-2001 03:29 PM

You're free to dump her, Oz, but just remember (IMOEN-SPOILER)
*that she IS your sister.

Oz 11-20-2001 03:31 PM

Lol, that's a common mistake... You see my mother had and afair witha human capet salseman...How else could she be human and i be dwarf lol

J/k

andrewas 11-20-2001 05:59 PM

oz, shes related through you OTHER parent.

prot from magic scroll negates kangaxx entirely. since he has infiite imprisons he will keep throwing them at you until the edn of time. well ten minutes while the scroll wears off.

prot from undead scroll will work to - but do NOT use it b4 killing his first form.

apparently spell immunity :abjuration protects from imprisonment.

i hear the ring of free acion does to - dont believe it myself but i havent had imprisonment thrown at me in a while.

Kezardin 11-21-2001 02:11 AM

Oz,

if your reputation isn't too high, an option is to get Korgan, who is immune to imprisonment while enraged. Give him the upgraded mace of disruption and dose him up with either haste, improved haste or an oil of speed. Then he just whacks away at Kangaxx until 'Da Skull' fails his saving throw :D

Kez

Oz 11-23-2001 01:30 PM

Ok... I have the mace of disruption... but an upgraded one? And where do i pick up the protection from magic scrolls?

Sir ReGiN 11-23-2001 01:52 PM

SPOILER ON IMPROVED MACE OF DISRUPTION!

When you do the "Sir Sarles" quest for the temple of helm, keep the real illithium.
Then go to Cromwell and he'll mix the mace and the illithium, and there ya go!
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]