Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How to kill ANYTHING!--spoiler (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58997)

seth11 11-15-2001 08:56 AM

Except kangaax, multiple snares strategically placed will kill about anything!

Legolas 11-15-2001 11:50 AM

But won't give you any experience so you'll get in trouble later on. And aren't a lot of fun to use.

Well, in my opinion that is. I never used trap setting, like I never used called shot for my archer (who was more than good enough without it [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 11:52 AM

You do get Xp from kills by traps.

Cerek the Barbaric 11-15-2001 01:11 PM

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Yep, that's how I took out Samia's party in Windspear. I didn't realize how badly my party had been level drained by the vampires (Keldorn was only 3rd level) and Samia and her group kept killing me easily.

Finally, I remembered reading another Post that mentioned setting lots of traps. I had Yoshimo set as many as he could - then I rested the party and had him set all of his traps where the party appears again. That made things MUCH easier. The traps killed half of Samia's party (including the mage) before the fight even started. I took the key off Samia and then I didn't have to worry about them popping in on me when I was un-prepared.

BTW, is there ANY way to improve the "Set Snares" ability? I got the Mercykiller ring for Yoshimo. That helped a lot, but he still only has a 55% chance to succeed.

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 01:17 PM

You improve your Set Trap ability the same way as any of your abilities, put skill points into it whenever you level up.

Seid 11-15-2001 10:15 PM

If you have ToB, Inproved Alacricity and 5 Dragon's breath will kill Anything.

Barloc 11-15-2001 10:31 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
You improve your Set Trap ability the same way as any of your abilities, put skill points into it whenever you level up.<hr></blockquote>

yea, had that problem too, didnt know i could scroll down :D

Morgan_Corbesant 11-16-2001 01:11 AM

when you level up, look to the right of your thief abilities. there will be a scroll bar, just scroll down, and you can put points into set traps. i ALWAYS put it to 100% when i start out with a thief character. traps have saved my ass MANY a time. just set em, and lure the poor dumb bastard into them.

Anarion 11-16-2001 04:11 AM

i got yoshimo but he cant seem to set traps at all- he fails every time

Whailor 11-16-2001 04:21 AM

Raise Yoshi's trap skill, by default it's pretty low..

And traps are nice. Since I have played through BG2 before, I generally know where something will spawn or pop out. I.e. take the liches who guard the Kangaxx bones - set traps up, few of them, then open the sarcophagus, guy spawns and before it even manages to tell me anything - kaboom! Already adamaged a bunch heh.. Makes spanking them so easy.

Perhaps I should make my next char as a rogue too, with high Hide inf Shaodws, Set Traps, Pick Pocket.. All the goodies heh..