Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Is this true? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87592)

Zarr 09-05-2003 05:03 PM

I was sitting relaxing watching the US Open tennis earlier tonight when the comentator said something that really made me choke on my cola. He said that if more than three planes fly over Flushing Meadows in one day while the Us Open is on that the nearby airport authorites are fined... wait for it... 500 MILLION DOLLARS! First off does anyone know if that's true? And what do you think of it, it's madness surely! I know the USA is a rich country but this is ridiculous! Although you could also argue the fact that building a tennis facility that is used for two weeks a year and cost over 200 million dollars is madness also. Hmmm...

Gangrell 09-05-2003 05:06 PM

It disrupts their concentration and may cost them in the long run in tournaments, thats why the fine is so high. Plus the cost of setting up the opening must be very high and to have it ruined by noisy planes would tend to make them mad.

Yea, 500 million is insane, just as insane as the music industry fining people 100 grand a song that is caught on their computer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-05-2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]

shadowhound 09-05-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
Yea, 500 million is insane, just as insane as the music industry fining people 100 grand a song that is caught on their computer [img]tongue.gif[/img]
100 grand per song?!?!?!
Oh boy, be back in a second... :D

Jorath Calar 09-05-2003 05:56 PM

lets see... 2500*100.000... holy cr...p I'm in trouble...

:D

Zero Alpha 09-05-2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

1. this is off topic

2. they can only <u>sue</u> you if your sharing them. and its not fine because they are <u>not</u> a government body [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-05-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]

Gangrell 09-05-2003 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

1. this is off topic

2. they can only <u>sue</u> you if your sharing them. and its not fine because they are <u>not</u> a government body [img]smile.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]No... they're fining 100 grand a song, they're just crying because they've lost so much business because of Kazaa. They doing this to people and they know they can't pay them back, but then again people can counter sue them for infecting pcs with viruses and hacking into pcs to find songs being the invasion of privacy and destruction of personal property. Bastards [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Malavon's Rage 09-05-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zero Alpha:

1. this is off topic

</font>[/QUOTE]No... they're fining 100 grand a song, they're just crying because they've lost so much business because of Kazaa. They doing this to people and they know they can't pay them back, but then again people can counter sue them for infecting pcs with viruses and hacking into pcs to find songs being the invasion of privacy and destruction of personal property. Bastards [img]tongue.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's hilarious

Jorath Calar 09-05-2003 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zero Alpha:

1. this is off topic

</font>[/QUOTE]1. yes threadjacking is fun... [img]smile.gif[/img]

2. Actually I do sometimes share them... but not on Kazaa

PufferFish 09-05-2003 06:51 PM

I share my songs with no man. HA!

Kakero 09-05-2003 07:00 PM

geez, like they expect everybody to have that huge amount of money with them to pay that stupid fine.