Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Discussion on why these attacks took place and what its purpose was. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70057)

Staralfur 09-11-2001 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hmmmm ok cnn said someone reported missiles and now theres a big fire in Kabul. No telling if we did it, theres anti-Taliban elements there too. So who knows at this point, I jumped the gun sorry

The US did launch attacks on Afganistan pretty quickly after the embassy bombings 3 years ago.

Encard 09-11-2001 06:14 PM

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to infiltrate... After all, this IS a pretty accurate time for new recruits, after a "big victory".

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:

Ryanamur 09-11-2001 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gabriel:
Woopss my bad, I meant the ideals within your post ie bombing them- which I think was just happened- were stupided Ideals..
Don't know for sure yet. Great terrorist tactic. Kill your own guys to boost morale against the ennemy.

Quote:

But I have to say shooting the planes down would of been the right course, but it would of only work if there was a warning and if they weren't over a city at the time.[/B]
Glad we agree on this.

Lord of Alcohol 09-11-2001 06:16 PM

And the so-called "smart weapons" are good against certain things, but if you want to make sure you send in troops. That is why we have them. They are not for ceremony.

Ryanamur 09-11-2001 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
And the so-called "smart weapons" are good against certain things, but if you want to make sure you send in troops. That is why we have them. They are not for ceremony.
I agree the troops are not only for ceremonies. However, it makes no sense to send in troops when they're going to die for sure. Bomb first, make people home happy. When things calm down, send the troops in to do the real damage...

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?

Gabriel 09-11-2001 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Don't know for sure yet. Great terrorist tactic. Kill your own guys to boost morale against the ennemy.

Oh my news channel said it was US, but if your don't I guess it unconfirmed then.

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 09-11-2001).]

Lord Shield 09-11-2001 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moni:

Read me for what I say, not for what you want it to mean and get off my back.
I don't give a crap if you are Cloudy's online boyfriend that gives you no right to put words in my mouth and twist what I say to fight with me.

What does his relationship with Cloudy have to do with this? He was simply saying he thought the conspiracy theory was irrational, and giving reasons - I saw no flames in his posts, or are you puting words in HIS mouth (no that was NOT aninsult, just an observation)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...s/chickenL.gif

Ryanamur 09-11-2001 06:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my news channel said it was US, but if your don't I case it unconfirmed then.

I'm listening to CNN right now and they can't ID the source. Mind you I wasn't watching CNN on my first post on this issue (bombing in Kabul)

Lord of Alcohol 09-11-2001 06:22 PM

Oh strike with missiles and aircraft first by all means, but the troops need to be right behind that sort of attack to complete matters. This business of firing 50 missiles and analyzing the data for 6 weeks doesnt work.

Encard 09-11-2001 06:22 PM

Quote:

I agree the troops are not only for ceremonies. However, it makes no sense to send in troops when they're going to die for sure. Bomb first, make people home happy. When things calm down, send the troops in to do the real damage...

How about surrounding the place, bombing, and then sending in troops right away to clean up?

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1: