Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Are people still playing RPG? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102652)

Sparhawk 03-02-2020 05:49 AM

Are people still playing RPG?

Well the title sort of says it all.

I play some Sword Coast Legends from time to time - but honestly I am looking forward a lot more to BG3. I do still play some Diablo3 and my absolute fav ( old game ) Sacred Gold ( love the game but omg the graphics are getting on my nerves - watching square fire ( due to the oooold graphics is kinda weird ).

So...all the other games aside I am just wondering about fantasy and rpg games in the thread - Witcher 3 etc...

Let's get some of the old Ironworkers active again?

Tom 03-11-2020 05:17 PM

Re: Are people still playing RPG?

I can't believe this board is still around! Thinking back on my old posts here back when I was a little kid is kind of embarrassing.

I've played (to this day) the baldurs gate series on and off since it came out. Also I love revisiting Planescape: Torment every couple of years (that one on the ipad). I don't really play anything else anymore though.

Xen 03-26-2020 04:26 PM

I just replayed BG2: EE and TOB now when the whole world is in quarantine. Man I used to frequent these forums every day. Good ol times.

Mouse 03-30-2020 05:56 PM

Occasionally a bit of Guild Wars. That's about it.

Luvian 05-31-2020 02:19 PM

I'm really looking forward to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk.

I have high hope for VtM 2 and I would love to replay it multiple times. In fact I was online at the live launch stream and pre-ordered the most expensive edition the instant they opened pre-orders at midnight.

I have such fond memories of the first one. It is such a shame that they ran out of time developing it on what was a beta version of the Unreal Engine.

Mahokenshi 06-10-2020 06:13 PM

I haven't posted here in so long. Not since I first discovered the infinity engine games. Yes, I still play RPGs, although many of the "new" ones I play are actually older ones that I had never played before. I recently ran a hilariously broken group through Wizardry 6 (new to me) as well as playing through the less well known gold box games (the two savage frontier ones.)

I'm also about to revisit the Baldur's Gate saga with a cleric/ranger, as I never played either class at all. I also just bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution (never got around to it before.)

All these years later, and it STILL feels weird to wander around Baldur's Gate, breaking into everyone's houses, only to have some residents calmly offer you work, have others overjoyed to see you, and have the odd one that wants to kill you because you mistook his house for the tavern next door.

EDIT: Wow, I also live on a different continent now.