Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyone remember Might and Magic II? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99046)

Gavindale 05-02-2008 10:28 PM

Anyone remember Might and Magic II?

Just want to see if there is anyone out there that has played this one, it's a bit on the ancient side but IMO was a good game.

Bungleau 05-03-2008 03:12 AM

Re: Anyone remember Might and Magic II?

Yep... I remember MMII ;) MMI was my first.... CRPG, that is.

There's some discussion on the Misc Games forum about MM7 and a new mod that's come out for it. Come on over there and let's talk!

Arvon 05-03-2008 07:11 AM

I have the full series, and they run on my laptop. I have MS ME on that machine.

ElfBane 05-03-2008 12:55 PM

I too have all of the MM RPG games. I personnally don't recommend MM1 or 2 because of the save system(you can only save in Taverns),,,if you can put up with that, those games are good. MM3 was the first one where you could save anywhere.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 05-03-2008 04:59 PM

MM2 was one of the few I know very little about. Four and five I've played a lot. Six, seven and eight I know the most and nine just stuck.

Arvon 05-03-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood (Post 1204448)
MM2 was one of the few I know very little about. Four and five I've played a lot. Six, seven and eight I know the most and nine just stuck.

I didn't buy nine.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 05-03-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvon (Post 1204449)
I didn't buy nine.

You don't have to rub it in..

Bungleau 05-03-2008 10:27 PM

Nine had some nice things... but more glitches than one would expect. The new gaming engine didn't help it much IMHO... nor did the developers not considering gamer stubbornness.... "I have to kill the giant... no problem... what? What do you mean, I couldn't kill him myself? I was supposed to *WHAT*?????"

That one didn't bite me personally, but the maps that didn't know which way you were actually pointing... those were annoying. That, and all the running around... *snore*

Kakero 05-04-2008 04:36 AM

MM2, is that the game where the graphic kept on blinking and make me sick? Or was is MM3? That is perhaps the only MM game that I didn't play.

Anybody played MM1? Did you jot down the map on pieces of paper or did you memorize the map into your brain? I somehow memorized the map. Eyup, perhaps the only one who did so. :P

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 05-04-2008 05:51 AM

As I recall, there was a Nintendo version and a Sega version. I played the Nintendo one. It was pretty good. I still remember the cheat where you select an item, then press "B" button and the item changes. Fun fun... The Flameberge!