Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Amazoni Mantrap Enemy (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60191)

Demonskull 11-27-2000 11:43 AM

First of all, thx for the help during my last problem. Unfortunately I couldn't play more than 30
minutes without getting even more trouble. Has anyone encountered the "Amazoni Mantrap" Enemies?

I can easily stand the other monsters on the path to shurugeon castle, but my encounter with those
giant plants always ends up the same... after 10 seconds... how can u fight them effectively? Or are these
uniqe enemies who only appear once and play a role in a quest?

thx,
DemonS

Kore'tha-Konkoror 11-27-2000 11:47 AM

Do what I did. Scout for em, look around while walking. Then get close enough to alert them to your presence. Then keep backing away from them while bombarding them with spells Ice Blast, Raven, and Flamestrike. Voila, Sauteyed mantrap.

xenotoca 11-27-2000 10:14 PM

I only ever encountered 4 others recon there are more. Similar plants in booger cave. Do not head back to town as they follow you and hang around the gate which has caused several players a problem. Only venture out in daylight until you have killed thes suckers. Your ranged spells (fire is best) will hit them whilst out of range of theirs. There are several places were you can get through (not on horse) that they cannot and when trapped like this are easy meat. The drawbrige at Shruggen is were i took my stand/

Good Luck of course you may get the weedkiller spell and shrivel them

tritone 11-27-2000 11:03 PM

Advance towards Shurugeon Castle from its north-eastern flank. You should meet a bunch of ratlings. At this point, you can pause to slay a few of them, but bear in mind that the Amazoni mantraps will spawn behind you and approach very soon.

Now, run towards the moat and turn to your right. This means you should now be heading towards the northern face of the castle, where the drawbridge is. Swim across the moat and stay near the main drawbridge and a 2nd bridge nearby.

Around this point, at least for me, the mantraps will stop at a distance near the treeline and do nothing. You will probably be annoyed by a few surviving ratlings and some lagoon piranhas.... but now's your chance to make Amazoni Mantrap salad.

Adjust yourself so that you can blast the mantraps with spells from a distance while the mantraps do not retaliate. Use Sun spells - I found Dragon Breath and Flamestrike very effective. Don't bother with Force of Mind, Locust Swarm and the like.

I killed all four of them without taking a single hit like this! And in between spells, I was picking up arrows, knives and shuriken from the stupid rats!

Demonskull 11-28-2000 10:03 AM

Thanks for the detailed help.

Well, getting them somewhere together makes it REALLY easy. They were all gone with one firestorm spell. I just considered magic ineffective in general because they were unaffected by stone, vine, spirit and moon spells....

thx,
DemonS