Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Spider Man 3: The Last Movie (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40234)

pritchke 10-12-2004 02:04 PM

HOLLYWOOD -- For Peter Parker and his alter-ego Spider-Man, three is the magic number.

"If it were up to me, Spider-Man 3 would not be the last of this series of films," says Sam Raimi, who directed the first two Spider-Man movies and is working on the third.

The decision rests with Amy Pascal, chairman of Sony's Columbia Pictures which releases the Spider-Man films.

"Amy is adamant she wants to make the third film the end. She wants Spider-Man 3 to have a sense of completion. "She told me to give this one a satisfying, fulfilling ending. She says it is only fair to the fans who have been so enthusiastic and faithful. She says we owe it to them."

Raimi admits he is nervous and is approaching this final installment, which begins shooting in January 2006 for a May 2007 release, with much trepidation. "I keep wondering how I can make a third one that will be just as positively received and reviewed. Source

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Currently, I am not sure how to feel about this news. I mean I love the first two movies and would love to see more so I guess I feel a little didappointed. But having only 3 can be a good thing as it doesn't run the series into the ground. I mean if someone say 10 years from the 3rd one wants to make 3 new Spiderman movies than it could be possible and still seem fresh. </font>

[ 10-12-2004, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Timber Loftis 10-12-2004 02:28 PM

Why is James Bond the only successful franchise in adopting a format that would be perfect for the up-and-coming genre of comics-based movies?

Morgeruat 10-12-2004 03:11 PM

It's not owned by hollywood, but by those wacky Brits.

Luvian 10-12-2004 04:13 PM

Look at it this way, for once we'll get a movie with a real ending.

We don't get that often anymore.

[ 10-12-2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Arnabas 10-12-2004 08:48 PM

I just laugh at the notion that they "owe it to the fans" to not make more films. Lol

Larry_OHF 10-13-2004 01:06 PM

<font color=skyblue>The ending to the second one was an ending to me. I said that before in the other thread months ago.

I would prefer a trilogy, and not a series. </font>

Jotin 10-13-2004 06:16 PM

my biggest problem with them ending it at 3 is that they miss out on some of hte better villains.

Venom is easily the coolest spiderman villain and i can't imagine they just put him in one film

Morgan_Corbesant 10-14-2004 01:13 PM

Yeah, there are so many different things you could do with Spider-Man or any other hero's. Marvel owns them, so why not make a crossover with Spidey and X-Men?! Something to keep peoples interest would keep people happy, and keep money coming in which would keep Hollywood happy.

Klorox 10-14-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jotin:
my biggest problem with them ending it at 3 is that they miss out on some of hte better villains.

Venom is easily the coolest spiderman villain and i can't imagine they just put him in one film

Venom has already been hinted at, as have many other Spidey characters in just the two movies.

They can't stop at 3, because there WILL BE too many loose ends.

Link 10-15-2004 04:10 AM

Yeah, the space shuttle with J.J. Jameson's son? I think we all remember what really happened ;)