Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I killed the dragon in the Windspear hills and got no avenger (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50585)

janek 01-31-2001 01:39 AM

I killed the dragon filgragg and just got the scales no avenger i am already late (not really chapter3, but trying to complete most of the quests)in the game and my main character is a paladin and i just read that everyone found this avenger, so i went back to the place where i killed the dragon and nothing is there something i did wrong or what? Do i really need that weapon or can i finish the game without it? Thank you for any help....

turbovee 01-31-2001 01:44 AM

No, the sword should be there. that's weird all I can suggest is to look on the body some more. The sword is called the Carsomyr

turbovee 01-31-2001 01:45 AM

i read my own thread and realized that yes, it is also called the holy avenger

Hagar 01-31-2001 03:20 AM

I missed the hole treasure, until someone told me there is something, so I reloaded and found gold coins, scales and the Holy Avenger. Have you used a disintegrate spell on Firkraag or summoned a fiend? That could explain the sword is missing.

Cloudbringer 01-31-2001 08:54 AM

Yes, the sword is there, but I know I had to search a bit. Big Red Scalyboy had fallen on top of my two deceased warriors, and his own mage so I had to hunt for everything! It was all there, though.

WOLFGIR 01-31-2001 10:38 AM

If you use traps or disintegraton there can be some trouble with the trasure, but if you find something you should be able to find the sword.

Throntar 01-31-2001 01:52 PM

I think you're hosed Janek. If you are a Paladin, you're supposed to go talk to the Order of the Radiant Heart b4 you kill Firkraag. Firkraag is part of the Paladin stronghold quest. It may be that if you don't launch the quest before killing Firkraag, that you don't get Carsomyr.

You can play the game without but it *is* the best weapon in the game IMHO.

Father Bronze 01-31-2001 02:02 PM

One tip: When I can't find items after "the carnage" I go somewhere and rest. When I return, all of the bodies are gone and only the equipment remains. It still isn't easy to find things. I spent 15 minutes last night searching for the equipment that the Beastmaster wore -- it was hiding under a wall.

Cloudbringer 01-31-2001 02:07 PM

Father Bronze,

I had the same trouble with the dogs in Nalia's keep. Searched forever and finally gave up. Later, stumled over one under an overhang in the outer keep!

bonscott87 01-31-2001 03:43 PM

If you are a Paladin, you cannot kill the red dragon until you recieve your stronhold quest (as mentioned above.)