Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GUESS WHO I MET TODAY!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89923)

Lady Blue03 04-24-2004 03:51 PM

<font color=pink> William Shatner! William Shatner! AAAH! He was at the horse show I went to today, riding in the reining classes!

It was sooo cool! Like I'm not a fan of Star Trek or him at all, but still! People in my barn were saying like "I saw Captain Kirk riding in the arena." And I just figured it was a codename/nickname for someone we knew, so I finally asked someone and they said, "You know, William Shatner?"

So I dragged my mom off to go see him. Was funny, he had this satin riding shirt on, yellow front and maroon back, and the most rumpled cowboy hat I've seen.

At the end of the day he was in the same general area, and I was walking by him with an armfull of awards, trying not to look, lol. He must have seen me peeking through my glasses though cause he looked at me, smiled, and said hi! Aaah it was awesome! I had the biggest stupid grin on my face and said hi back as well as good luck in his class.

Of course, I didn't have my digital with me, and my mom thought she had left hers at home, but lo, on the way home I was digging through her purse looking through her phone...and found the camera [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, excitement is kinda wearing off now, I just had to tell someone before I burst, hehe :D </font>

Xen 04-24-2004 03:57 PM

Good joke LB! :D On more serious note, congratulations are in order I think. "Engage!" :D

Gangrell 04-24-2004 04:01 PM

Hey, good for you Miss Blue, but don't worry about grinning too big though, I think all celebs have that power over people even if they aren't fans :D

Glad you had a good time, but I have to ask you something. Is it true he saw something... on the wing of the plane? :D

Link 04-24-2004 04:01 PM

William Shatner riding a horse?

johnny 04-24-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Link:
What did you expect ? A Ti fighter ? :D

Vaskez 04-24-2004 04:34 PM

WOW William Shatner?!?!?!??!?!?!

Who?

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Gangrell 04-24-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Link:

What did you expect ? A Ti fighter ? :D </font>[/QUOTE]No, a starship, duh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

promethius9594 04-24-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Link:

What did you expect ? A Ti fighter ? :D </font>[/QUOTE]No, a starship, duh [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]a tie fighter is a starship (well, a starfighter at any rate). watch more starwars.

Aelia Jusa 04-24-2004 05:08 PM

Cool. You won't appreciate this LB, but if Davros happens to read this thread he'll be excited - the other day my brother and I were driving somewhere and we stopped at the traffic lights and we saw Trevor Gillmeister crossing the street! Woo!! :D

Arledrian 04-24-2004 05:19 PM

I dont even know who he is. Famous people dont impress me, lol. [img]tongue.gif[/img]