Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sad News concerning Timber (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102294)

Cloudbringer 12-08-2012 03:48 PM

Sad News concerning Timber

Harleyquinn (aka Harley from Oasis and Ironworks) just shared this very sad news :(

Apparently Timber (Jon Sanders) was killed in a car accident last Sunday. I didn't see the news right away and the funeral is over but here is the address of the funeral home if you wish to send condolences to his family (wife and 2 children).

Lakeview Funeral Home
1458 Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60657

Will miss him - he was a great debater and had a very wry sense of humor. God bless his family as they go through this very difficult time.

Ziroc 12-08-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Sad News concerning Timber

Yeah, I got a PM on it, and was shocked.. so sad.
Was at a lost of words when I saw the PM... Just like Animal passing.

What makes me even more sad is his kids and wife are without their Father. :(
heartbreaking..

Hivetyrant 12-08-2012 06:05 PM

This is very sad news, I always loved chatting (and debating) with Timber.
With Christmas time quickly approaching, I hope we all take extra care on the road, too many people die needlessly this time of year :(

Memnoch 12-09-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudbringer (Post 1248860)
Harleyquinn (aka Harley from Oasis and Ironworks) just shared this very sad news :(

Apparently Timber (Jon Sanders) was killed in a car accident last Sunday. I didn't see the news right away and the funeral is over but here is the address of the funeral home if you wish to send condolences to his family (wife and 2 children).

Lakeview Funeral Home
1458 Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60657

Will miss him - he was a great debater and had a very wry sense of humor. God bless his family as they go through this very difficult time.

Oh really? Oh no!!!!! :(

My prayers are with his family at this difficult time. I always got along well with him. Shows you the fragility of life, when someone we know is taken away from us.

Bungleau 12-10-2012 12:26 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers also go out to his family.

I found a link to the <a href="http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/obituary.aspx?n=jon-sanders&pid=161500285&fhid=2034">Chicago Tribune obituary</a>.

johnny 12-10-2012 07:07 AM

Very sad news indeed. RIP buddy.

Chewbacca 12-10-2012 11:53 AM

I always loved his razor sharp wit and independent thinking. My best goes to his family and loved ones.

Azred 12-10-2012 11:58 AM

*sigh* We might not always have gotten along on the best of terms, TL and I, but I would never have wanted anything like that to happen. I think I still have his mailing address from an old card list so we'll send condolonces to his wife.

You read stories like that in the news all the time but when it happens to someone you know it makes it personal. Make certain to give everyone you love an extra hug this holiday season.

Hivetyrant 12-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azred (Post 1248867)

You read stories like that in the news all the time but when it happens to someone you know it makes it personal. Make certain to give everyone you love an extra hug this holiday season.

It sounds crazy, but you're right, even though he was just another person on the Internet technically, this one hit close to home for some reason.

Azred 12-10-2012 10:02 PM

I have had this notion for several years now--when you get to know someone in a forum like this you seem them as they are, not as they want to be seen. We might never have shaken his hand, sat down to dinner with him, or gone to see a ball game with him but we knew him as he was.

Sometimes, the measure of a man's legacy is the things he might have built or the accomplishments he might have achieved. In all cases, though, the true measure of a man is the sum total of the relationships he built with his family and the people with whom he had regular contact.