Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Circus Tent (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51050)

Avalon 02-22-2001 05:55 PM

I fought two shadows after I passed the Genie and now my main character's ability score is drained. Help, what happened? How do I restore it? Thanks.

Cloudbringer 02-22-2001 05:58 PM

Ability or level drain? Ability, I think, comes back after a time, nothing special needed. Level drain you need a cleric to cast a restore spell on the party member.

Cloudbringer

Epona 02-22-2001 06:01 PM

Or go to a temple for level drain reversal.
Cloudbringer's right, ability score drain (a red circle with a cross in it?) will come back by itself after a couple of minutes.

Sir Taliesin 02-22-2001 06:01 PM

You can recover your ability scores by having your cleric cast Lesser Restoration on your drained character or if your cleric is of a high enough level go to a temple and have them do it. You will need this spell a lot later on. Several of the monster you will meet can do this to you.

Accord 02-22-2001 06:03 PM

Like Cloudbringer have said, it comes back after a couple of minutes (maybe a bit longer), nothing to panic yet.

MORDRICK THE MAD 02-22-2001 06:04 PM

Fear not oh cofused one I Mordrick will set your mind at ease.
You have been level drained by an undead creature(scum sucking vermin!). Only the undead can do this e.g werewolfs, shadows and zombies etc.
If you look at your stats scree(the one that tells you your strength, dexterity) you will notice one of your stats has turned red, this is the drained one if you toddle off to a temple(there is one to the north of the tent) you will have to pay some gold to a nice bloke who will top up your stat back to its original numbers.
Hope this old mad fool could explain it well enough I have been subjected to many hammers to the head in my battlin days.

MORDRICK THE MAD 02-22-2001 06:11 PM

Fear not oh confused one I Mordrick will set your mind at ease.
You have been level drained by an undead creature(scum sucking vermin!). Only the undead can do this e.g werewolfs, shadows and zombies etc.
If you look at your stats screen(the one that tells you your strength, dexterity) you will notice one of your stats has turned red, this is the drained one if you toddle off to a temple(there is one to the north of the tent) you will have to pay some gold to a nice bloke who will top up your stat back to its original numbers.
Hope this old mad fool could explain it well enough I have been subjected to many hammers to the head in my battlin days.

See told you I was old. Two whole spelling mistakes in my first post. DAMN IT!

Cloudbringer 02-22-2001 06:22 PM

You mean I answered and ON TOPIC question first and right?! YES! Somebody circle the date in red on the calendar!

Cloudbringer

Accord 02-22-2001 06:35 PM

Epona 02-22-2001 06:37 PM

Oh-oh, are we about to go off-topic???