Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   how to change text colour??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92078)

lost prophet 10-29-2004 06:58 AM

well the name basically says it all, can somone tell a noob how to change the taxt colour please?

LennonCook 10-29-2004 07:29 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">Two ways: the common way and the right way. The common way is:
&lt;font color="color">text&lt;/font>
The right way is:
&lt;span style="color: colourname">text&lt;/span>

Whichever you use, note that you must put the end tag on (the one with a / in), even though it will work without it, otherwise you can screw threads up alot with cascading HTML errors. Also, you must close each tag you open separately, and in the opposite order to what they were opened. Same problems if you don't.

EDIT: Both of these only apply on Forums, or other media where you can't change any of the page other than your contribution. These will work on normal web pages, but there are far better ways to do it.

[ 10-29-2004, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]

lost prophet 10-29-2004 07:45 AM

<font color=green> just testing sorry to mods if this counts as spamming i just dont want to course problems on anyone elses post</font>

[ 10-29-2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]

Xen 10-29-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lost prophet:
<font colour=red> just testing sorry to mods if this counts as spamming i just dont want to course problems on anyone elses post</font>

<font color="red"> lol wasnt sure if the speach marks were needed so tryin it out</font>

now i wonder why that didnt work lol i feel stupid

This is the right way.

Hivetyrant 10-29-2004 07:54 AM

Well, dont put the ""'s in there just have Font color=orange or something, in brackets of coarse.
Lennon why is the second way the right way?
Just becasue you use it doesnt make it the right way.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-29-2004 07:55 AM

I don't know either and the above explanation doesn't help. I need it really simlpe, thanks.

[ 10-30-2004, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]

lost prophet 10-29-2004 07:56 AM

cheers all got it

Larry_OHF 10-29-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
I don't know either and the about explanation doesn't help. I need it really simlpe, thanks.
<font color=skyblue>How about selecting "quote" on my post here, and when you see my text, you'll see my font tags.

I like to learn by example instead of instruction.

Just ignore the "quote" tags, and the "QB" tags...that make my quote bold.
Just look at the font and close font tags. </font>

[ 10-29-2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Beaumanoir 10-29-2004 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

I was wondering this too. I mean they both get the job done, and the 'common' way is alot simpler, so I'd say theres less chance of error.

Hivetyrant 10-29-2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

I was wondering this too. I mean they both get the job done, and the 'common' way is alot simpler, so I'd say theres less chance of error. </font>[/QUOTE]Bah, with Lennon you never know, he always thinks everything he does is the ONLY way, but thats just him...
Wow Beaumanoir, 4 posts away from 4000...
*walks of muttering about old people and uselessness [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]