Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What shall I play next? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35715)

Dragonshadow 10-18-2003 09:51 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what kind of cahracter I'm going to play next, so I'm asking you for help.

Stratos 10-18-2003 02:51 PM

What have you played this far?

Dragonshadow 10-18-2003 03:14 PM

female elf druid NG
tiefling theif CG

that's another thing. If you could also say alignment, that would be nice.

Xen 10-18-2003 03:33 PM

Female,Dwarf,Sorcerer for laughing out loud!

Stratos 10-19-2003 09:35 AM

I would recommend downloading modules from the Net. They're shorter than the OC and it's easier to try out different characters and classes on them. Some of them also use class specific abilities that the OC don't.

The types of modules I like the most are the story and roleplaying intense ones which forces, or rather strongly recommed, you to play a specific class, race or alignment. On some of them there's even a pre-defined character for you to play.

If you on the other hand mean the OC only then I can't help you much, sorry. There are some classes I enjoy playing, but that doesn't mean that you would think the same. You simply have to choos the class you most like to play, just remember that the OC is almost identical regardless of what class you play.

[ 10-19-2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]

Stratos 10-19-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
Female,Dwarf,Sorcerer for laughing out loud!
Not Sorcerer perhaps but a Dwarven Wizard could be interresting. A +2 to CON, hardiness vs. poison and spells and skill affinity (Lore) could produce a very good Wizard.

Now THAT would be a cool and unusual character to try, Dragonshadow. ;)

apollo 10-19-2003 11:42 PM

<font color='#00ccff'>
I like to theme my chars, I made a mad vampire (female, human sorcerer) and a fortune teller (female sorcerer, hafling) If you want to really theme your char use the toolset to change the appearance of your' armor.

</font>

<font size='4'>
<font face='monotype crosiva'> Apollo
</font>
</font>

9_1_6 10-23-2003 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by apollo:
<font color='#00ccff'>
I like to theme my chars, I made a mad vampire (female, human sorcerer) and a fortune teller (female sorcerer, hafling) If you want to really theme your char use the toolset to change the appearance of your' armor.

</font>

<font size='4'>
<font face='monotype crosiva'> Apollo
</font>
</font>

I did almost the same with tht vampire thingy. My character was and still is, Half-Vampire - Male Sorcerer - Lawful Evil.

DS, you could play adwarf female wizard Chaotic evil, that might be fun...

shadowolf03 10-23-2003 07:00 AM

You know the packages option...how much difference is there between them? I mean, i don't use them because you can never check what the package has chosen before you start the game...

Micah Foehammer 10-23-2003 08:48 AM

I never use the packages for the very reason you mention. I much prefer to select my own feats and allocate my own skill points. [img]smile.gif[/img] That being said, I have seen some of the default packages at start, and they appear to be reasonable in terms of skill point allocation and feat selection. The skills in particular however tend to be more concentrated in some areas.