Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My first date in 10 years! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79704)

Animal 06-21-2002 06:17 PM

Well, tonight I'm going on my first date in almost 10 years. My daughter is at grandmothers house for the weekend, and I'm on a weeks vacation!
I'm real nervous, because I have no clue what I'm doing. It's been so long! It's a beautiful day, so I figure we'll take a cruise up island in my 55 vette and grab dinner at the dingy dock.
After that, well I have no idea! I've got 4 hours to go and I feel like I'm back in high school again, my palms are sweaty, I can't sit still. Can anyone give me some advice on dating in 2002?

Sir Goulum 06-21-2002 06:20 PM

<font color=Orange>Oh you animal!!! Anywaaaays....I think that'd be good, and then, if theres time, i'd ask your date if she wants to go to a movie after all that!</font>

Horatio 06-21-2002 06:21 PM

Well, everyone has their own technique. What sex are yu?
If you're a guy then just be yourself. That's what I do, and dates usually go fine for me

johnny 06-21-2002 06:23 PM

Just follow your heart Animal, have a great time !

Horatio 06-21-2002 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Just follow your heart Animal, have a great time !
Now you sound like a Disney character, dude.

Animal 06-21-2002 06:26 PM

I'm a 31 year old guy, 6'5", 285lbs with a shaved head, a little bit of an imposing figure so I find most people are a little uncomfortable around me. She's 36 and drop dead beautiful! I never had this kind of attraction to anyone since my wife, and although it does make me feel a little guilty a don't want to screw it up.

Absynthe 06-21-2002 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Animal:
Well, tonight I'm going on my first date in almost 10 years. My daughter is at grandmothers house for the weekend, and I'm on a weeks vacation!
I'm real nervous, because I have no clue what I'm doing. It's been so long! It's a beautiful day, so I figure we'll take a cruise up island in my 55 vette and grab dinner at the dingy dock.
After that, well I have no idea! I've got 4 hours to go and I feel like I'm back in high school again, my palms are sweaty, I can't sit still. Can anyone give me some advice on dating in 2002?

Advice? No problem, glad to help...
1) Don't tweeze your nose hairs in the rearview mirror, at least not while driving. For some reason, this seems to turn people off.
2)well, honestly there is no 2, because in the process of developing tip 1, I haven't had another date...

Horatio 06-21-2002 06:29 PM

DOn't worry about guilt, don't talk about past relationships, don't talk about your kid (unless she has some)

Animal 06-21-2002 06:30 PM

That's a great tip! Of course the rearview is mounted on the dash and for me to do that and still see the road would be quite a feat! I should probably take care of that before I leave!

Animal 06-21-2002 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
DOn't worry about guilt, don't talk about past relationships, don't talk about your kid (unless she has some)
NO WAY! My daughter is the most important thing in my life, if she doesn't accept her, she doesn't accept me. Period. I can see your point about past relationships, but I've only really had one serious one, and that was my wife.