Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Your Ultimate Fantasy AD&D Character (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95481)

Cerek the Barbaric 02-09-2002 12:28 AM

If you could create - and play - a character from any combination of race/class/kit/etc., what would it be?

What race and class would your really like a DM to allow you to play?

Here are some examples of characters my group came up with.

A minotaur barbarian. With +2 to Str and Con, he was a walking powerhouse.

A dwarven fighter named Dirk - he specialized in the dagger. Attacks were 3/1 at 1st level.

A Quickling fighter specialized in thrown darts - named Gat'lin!

A gnome thief that was permanently invisible due to a failed magical experiment. He had to wear bandages from head to toe, like the Invisible Man, so that others wouldn't hear a "disembodied" voice whenever he spoke. He explained the bandages by saying that he had been "breathed on" by a red dragon.

A recently read a book by R.A. Salvatore (who created Drizzt Do'Urden) that had a halfling duelist. He was hilarious...but also very good with a sword.

So, what would YOU like to play?

Grand-Ranger 02-09-2002 02:03 AM

Well 3E thats possiable, anything can be anything. But I have always wanted to try a Gnome bard. Wouldnt that be fun?

Think about it..

A Halfling Ranger might be amusing as well.

Neb 02-09-2002 08:01 AM

A Thri-Keen psionic wielding a great scimitar +2 and a Gythka(special thri-keen polearm), specialized in the psychoportation discipline, an aversion to water and a phobic fear of heights, alignment: Neutral Good :D

Lord Shield 02-10-2002 10:09 AM

A Mind Flayer Monk or Sorceror of Good alignment :D :D

Darkman 02-10-2002 05:24 PM

A dwarven or halfling mage!

Or maybe an evil elven necromancer :D

And I agree with halfling ranger! If a drow can be a ranger then I don't see why a halfling shouldn't!

Lifetime 02-12-2002 03:49 AM

A Drow Paladin. That would be something to see..

GEEK 02-12-2002 02:39 PM

A half-giant Monk/Magic user. No armor needed, great hand to hand and the ability to cast spells. Yee Hah

mistral4543 02-13-2002 12:17 AM

I'd like a sorceress dual-wielding long swords or katanas (giving ranged weapons a miss, for balance).

Ted Bigfoot 02-13-2002 07:29 AM

We halflings are always the subject of humour. Vertically challenged? just remember, we're all the same height lying down and anyway, didn't mother always tell you good things come in small packages.

I wanted to be a Paladin - that shiny armour and "die for honour" attitude. Great when pulling the opposite sex.

Yep, a Halfling Palaidin Assassin standing up for all the little people.