Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Icon Legend (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87607)

Zuvio 09-06-2003 04:28 PM

Ehm, I have q question about the Icon legend at the bottom of the screen: when it says new posts, does that mean that someone posted a message since the last I'm visited? So whenever I have not read a post, the icon will be yellow>? And offcourse, grey means that nothing has changed since my last visit?

Xen 09-06-2003 04:35 PM

I think it will show you new posts made by others. I am not sure. Click on it and you`ll see what happens.

Zuvio 09-06-2003 04:56 PM

No, i just want to know when ever a new post has been made. Saves time by constantly checking it U C

Xen 09-06-2003 04:58 PM

What is U C?

Zuvio 09-06-2003 05:38 PM

U C = you see :D

Stormymystic 09-06-2003 06:36 PM

all I do is remember the last number o post, and then keep an eye on it, I have not figured out the post thing, lol

Aelia Jusa 09-06-2003 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zuvio:
Ehm, I have q question about the Icon legend at the bottom of the screen: when it says new posts, does that mean that someone posted a message since the last I'm visited? So whenever I have not read a post, the icon will be yellow>? And offcourse, grey means that nothing has changed since my last visit?
It shows you all the posts (give or take ;) ) that have new posts since last time you logged onto the site. However when you read a post with new posts it won't then go grey like on some sites. So if you come on and find a post with a yellow icon, it means new posts have been made since you were last here, but if you read it, then someone makes a new post while you're still on the site, the only way you'll know is by the post count and also that it will have moved up the page. Hope that makes sense ;)

Zuvio 09-06-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
It shows you all the posts (give or take ;) ) that have new posts since last time you logged onto the site. However when you read a post with new posts it won't then go grey like on some sites. So if you come on and find a post with a yellow icon, it means new posts have been made since you were last here, but if you read it, then someone makes a new post while you're still on the site, the only way you'll know is by the post count and also that it will have moved up the page. Hope that makes sense ;)
It does make sense! It just isn't very useful :D

Aelia Jusa 09-06-2003 07:50 PM

LOL - you're right ;) . It isn't all that useful, like sometimes IE decides to freeze or close down (I love those error message screens - I wonder if anyone has ever actually sent an error report? :rolleyes: :D ) and I have to reenter the site, all the threads that were new the first time that I hadn't looked at yet are grey! Probably would be more useful if they stayed yellow until you actually looked in them ;) . Still - not too hard to remember the post count and plus when they move up the page with a new post it's a giveaway ;)