Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Strongholds when dual- or multi-classed (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58748)

DragonReborn 11-07-2001 02:55 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you get a stronghold when you are dual or multiclassed...Also, I get the discinct impression then when you are a half-orc barbarian, the girls dont hit on you!!! Is there any way around this? I love my barbarian!!!

Thanx in advance!

daeomer 11-07-2001 02:59 PM

Hi!

Well, from what i experienced you get a choice of stronghold when dual-classed. For example I am playing with a dual mage/fighter and I had the option to take one or the other stronghold.

Alas your half-orc is doomed to lonliness! I am also playing with a dwarf and apparently unless you are human, half-elf or elf, no romance is coming your way. Although I think you can 'cheat' and use shadowkeeper to get around it but I am not sure.

JR Jansen 11-07-2001 03:00 PM

You'll get a srronghold if you are dual or multiclass. Only 1 though, allthough if you are a multiclass fighter, you can have 2.
No love for Half-orcs, unless maybe vicky.

Lucre 11-07-2001 03:30 PM

You get 2? i thought you only got 1 when multi! :confused:

Lucre 11-07-2001 03:32 PM

How do you get a romance using Shadow Keeper? :eek:

JR Jansen 11-07-2001 07:03 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lucre:
You get 2? i thought you only got 1 when multi! :confused: <hr></blockquote>

You can get two but you have to be a multi fighter/ something. Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
After cleaning out Nalia's castle of trolls and yuan-ti, say that you need some time to think about taking over the castle as the lord. Do your other stronghold, ie. planar sphere, etc and then come back and accept the offer. Alternatively, do your other stronghold first and then go clean out Nalia's castle and accept the offer to become lord.

Keylow 11-08-2001 04:41 AM

So, you have to make the first stronghold wait for you, and then immediatly accept the second one. And in doing so the first one is accepted as well? Or do you have to go back to the first one and accept it to?
Having two strongholds would be pretty cool... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Zbyszek 11-08-2001 04:44 AM

Yes, it is true - I had Sphere and Keep. But some patches from Baldurdash "fix" this bug [img]smile.gif[/img]

JR Jansen 11-08-2001 05:48 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Keylow:
So, you have to make the first stronghold wait for you, and then immediatly accept the second one. And in doing so the first one is accepted as well? Or do you have to go back to the first one and accept it to?
Having two strongholds would be pretty cool... [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

You have to accept your none fighter stronghold first and then go back to Nalia's keep and accept that one secondly.

Keylow 11-08-2001 06:50 AM

thnx JR, I might just try that. Having two strongholds...
btw, you won't be able to return to your strongholds in TOB right??