Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Way to Buggy (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34304)

Black Dragon6 07-20-2002 07:35 AM

This game is way to buggy to be of any use to me. It manages to crash every 5 minutes or so and no mater what I do this game is just starting to seem like a gigantic waste of time and money. The developers of this game need to learn how to properly patch a game.

Memnoch 07-20-2002 09:22 AM

What system are you running? I suspect this would have a major influence on the bugginess.

Shadow101 07-20-2002 09:26 AM

ahem..dont blame the developers just because your system has a fault, it works fine on most peoples computers and for me it hasnt crashed atall yet. Theres alot of reasons it could be crashing so dont jump to conclusions

Attalus 07-20-2002 09:36 AM

Yeah, check out your video card, for starters. And you need a LOT of RAM.

Morgan_Corbesant 07-20-2002 11:56 AM

i havent come accross a SINGLE bug yet. i love this game, just dont get alot of time to play anymore, but im making time, heh. i have a wedding to go to today, and after that, im a free man. (no, its NOT my wedding)

Nydlari 07-20-2002 05:39 PM

I have to say I've heard many complaints about this game (many from my own mouth), but buggy hasn't been one of them. This game run excellently on even lower powered systems that won't run some other games (like Morrowind).

If you are having troubles try checking your device drivers and make sure they are all up to date.

Granador 07-20-2002 07:00 PM

Look Let me give you a suggestion.
Gather up whe you know about you system information
Find out if there is a certian time during the game that it crashed.
E-Mail this to the support people via their website!

If the programmers get enough complains like this, they will out of the goodness of there hearts and for the community, patch it.

I work for a major computer company and we do this all the time.

Oh, and to all the other people that ridiculed this person instead of offering advise... SHAME ON YOU!

Lady Blue03 07-20-2002 07:15 PM

<font color=pink>Hmmm, i didn't even think NWN would run on this CPU. Besides the graphics being a little choppy, it runs great! It did freeze once a couple of weeks ago... :D </font>

FallenPaladin 07-20-2002 07:29 PM

Since I've had problems with this game as well, here are some suggestions. First the obvious ones download the patches ana latest drivers. Then if your game continues to crush, go and get a no-CD crack. Yes this has actually helped many people to stop their game crushing just minutes after they started (I'm one of those people). Finally if you are getting error in the toolkit, go download a program called SciTech GLDirect. This will replace the OpenGl drivers used by the game with Direct3D ones. It removed all problems I had with the toolkit, though I still set the default OPENGL drivers when playing the game.

Kakero 07-20-2002 10:46 PM

I too have sometimes complete freeze up to the game. All I need to do is press CTRL ALT DELETE and shut down everything except explorer and systray and thus no more freeze up.