Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Major PC Woes (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79482)

Moni 06-12-2002 09:12 AM

Last night, after some 7+ years of service with an upgrade here and there, and surviving four years of abuse by the mighty KHan, my PC literally bit the dust. [img]graemlins/sadcrying4.gif[/img]

Motherboard? Power supply? Its too far gone to tell and I won't be able to have it looked at until this afternoon.

I'm on KHaN's system at the moment but I won't be here long...I can't smoke out here and I can't see or hear my TV...gotta keep up with the news and my soaps! ;)

Anyway, I won't be here to see any replies made to this thread, I just wanted to let those of you who love me, who really really love me ;) that I'll be gone for the rest of the day, maybe even tomorrow.

I'm gonna miss you guys! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Sazerac 06-12-2002 09:22 AM

Moni, I am so sorry for you! :( That's a real bummer. You do have plans to get another system, yes?

Hope to see you back regularly very soon!

-Sazerac

MagiK 06-12-2002 09:23 AM

<font color="#66ff99">Let us know when the services will be held Moni [img]smile.gif[/img]

errr assumeing that the machine is truely dead, hopefully it will be something simple.</font>

[ 06-12-2002, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

RudeDawg 06-12-2002 10:20 AM

:( Sorry to hear about your loss.

Are you thinking about a new system? Or a resurrection, ala Ripley in AR??? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Davros 06-12-2002 10:32 AM

Well my new system (which arrived today) passes the Dungeon Siege test (I played more than my standard 45 seconds without lockup :D ). I'm primed and ready for anything Morrowind or NWN's throws at me now. Davros is VIA free, and loving it :D

Except the new modem still makes a fairly annoying (moderately loud) static drone after dial-up - what's that all about???

Earthdog 06-12-2002 10:36 AM

This truly is a day of sadness. Im so sorry. If you live in the DFW area the best place I can recommend is Fry Electronics in Arlington or Garland.

Will he funeral service be cremation, burial at sea, or just dig a hole and chuck it in the ground???

Cloudbringer 06-12-2002 01:49 PM

Ouch! That's bad news! In my experience, PC's never die at convenient times, though! Hope you can get a new one soon. But watch out for RudeDawg, he's pushing the Macs! LOL :D :D

RudeDawg 06-12-2002 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthdog:
This truly is a day of sadness. Im so sorry. If you live in the DFW area the best place I can recommend is Fry Electronics in Arlington or Garland.

Will he funeral service be cremation, burial at sea, or just dig a hole and chuck it in the ground???

Ah yes, the Arlington FRY'S. :D
That is where Jo saw her first Mac, and within 10 minutes she fell in love with it.
I love that store.

Moni, there is at least 2 FRY'S in Austin, and I'd bet there is at least one in SA. They'd be closer. And they are WORTH the trip.

RudeDawg 06-12-2002 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
But watch out for RudeDawg, he's pushing the Macs! LOL :D :D
I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't. :D

Think Different
Top Ten Reasons to Switch
Top Ten Questions About Switching

Imagine a world without the Blue Screen of Death.
Imagine a world where things just WORK.
Imagine never having to play with a config file, or switch settings, or having to reconfig things just to work.
Imagine a world where MS Office works the way it promised, without the security holes you are used to.

I know that Apple isn't perfect, but at least our computers knew the century was going to end.

I am Novell certified. I'm an MCSE. I've forgotten more about Windows than most folks will ever learn. I've worked for some of the biggest names in the business.

And I choose Mac.

Every day we see at least one cry for tech help from Windows users. The Mac users here are a silent minority, mainly because we don't have tech problems, but also because of all the bashing that appears the moment one mentions their choice of a Mac.

We just watch you slide into the abyss that Bill built, and shed a tear for you.

Lady Avalon 06-12-2002 03:26 PM

Sorry to hear about your pc problems Moni. What a bummer. Hope you'll be back soon. Are you going to buy a new computer?