Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Thank you thank you thank you (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79509)

Earthdog 06-13-2002 08:09 AM

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and prayers. They have really helped. I appreciate all the support my friends here at Ironworks have so freely given.

Starting at 11 am today I tried ringing the hospital with no success. I would ring every 5 minutes or so and was getting very frustrated. All I got was busy signals. At 1 pm I had things to do and thankfully got distracted by posting on few threads. All I had wanted to know from the hospital was how was my wife doing and when did they plan to do the next operation. Very frustrating.

At about 1.30 pm I managed to finally get the phone to actually ring. Ok theres an improvement. I asked the nurse how my wife was and when would they be doing the procedure.

The nurse replied "Shes dozing right now and it looks like a success."

You mean theyve already done it??? Yeppers. The nurse said she seems to be ok and everything went well and hopefully she would be able to come home in a few days.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] THANK YOU GOD!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

And thank you all for everything youve done. I went to see her and read some of the posts you all left on the thread. She was very touched, touched to know that people from all over the world were hoping for a speedy recovery. I cant thank you all enough. Shes amazed that complete strangers from the other side of the world who exchange messeges with her husband on a discussion board would be so supportive in a time of crisis.

Thank you thank you thank you.

If any of you ever decide to come to Melbourne for a visit let me know. Youve got a place to stay.

It was good to see her and hear her voice. She sounded a little tired but too much so. She wasnt able to lay in any other position but her side and her neck was very very sore. We are now hoping she will be home in two or three days. The doctors want to keep her for a few days just to make sure there are no complications like infection, which is my biggest fear.

I slept about 2 hours last night in all. I tossed and turned and basicly had waking nightmares. Now I think I will actually be able to get some sleep thanks to you kind people in no small way. You were all huge in this.

If there is ever anything I can do for you or help you with do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Dundee Slaytern 06-13-2002 08:18 AM

I feel mean for writing such a short post in reply to your long one, but all I can say is,

<marquee behavior="alternate"><h1> http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/luxhello.gifYay! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/luxhello.gif</h1></marquee>

MagiK 06-13-2002 08:25 AM

<font color="#6699cc"> <center> <H2>HoooRaaaahhhhh!!!!</H2></center>

Glad to hear the good News EarthDog [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] </font>

Cerek the Barbaric 06-13-2002 08:46 AM

<font color="plum"><h3>THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS, <font color="yellow">EARTHDOG!!!</font></h3>

You and Linda were on my heart all day yesterday (all night too). This is absolutely the BEST way I could've started my day today.

GOD IS SO AWESOME! You Posted your thread and started recieving prayers at the EXACT time Linda was having her surgery and needed those prayers. God truly knows our needs and will be there for us when we need Him most.

I have tears of joy for all of you. I pray that God will keep his angels vigilant against any complications - especially infection.

I had life-saving surgery myself 4 years ago. My first son came very close to growing up without ever really knowing me, so I understand your fears for your 16mos old. Since that miracle, God has blessed us with 2 more beautiful boys.

I am so VERY thankful that God has laid His hand on you and Linda also, <font color="yellow">EarthDog</font>.</font>

<h1><font color="yellow">PRAISE BE TO GOD!</font></h1>

SomeGuy 06-13-2002 09:58 AM

YA YA!! [img]graemlins/yaya.gif[/img] Alright!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great EarthDog!Thanks be to God and everyone who sent email and posted. WAHOO!

Sir Exxon 06-13-2002 10:05 AM

<font color="gold">Wonderful news! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm really glad your wife'll be ok again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thank you God! [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Sir Kenyth 06-13-2002 10:11 AM

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

/)eathKiller 06-13-2002 10:23 AM

<font size="+2"><font color="ef33312">Huzzah and Kudos!</font></font>

RudeDawg 06-13-2002 10:28 AM

I'm so happy to hear that, Earthdog.

Here's to a speedy recovery !

:D

Sazerac 06-13-2002 10:40 AM

Earthdog, I am so happy for your wife! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm also happy we all made her day. One never realizes how much little things mean until a crisis comes along.

I'll continue my prayers for a safe and fully successful recovery for her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers and blessings,
-Sazerac