Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I have a Kindle Fire!!! Now what?... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102507)

Firestormalpha 04-22-2015 03:55 AM

I have a Kindle Fire!!! Now what?...

Like the title says, I decided to pick up a kindle Fire. What's out there to read? Downloaded the Eragon series to start, may pick up Harry Potter and finally read those books, instead of watching the movies (which I loved), Also like Orson Scott Cards Ender Saga. Mostly only read the core books though, Ender's Game, Speaker, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. Also a fan of Tad Williams... (read Memory Sorrow and Thorn collection, and Otherland Saga.)

Any suggestions?

p.s. just realized I've been a member here for almost 13 years, wow. I know others have been around longer, but still, wow. :D

Ziroc 04-22-2015 04:01 PM

Re: I have a Kindle Fire!!! Now what?...

Heheh! wild isn't it? I see my family's kids, and say, "I have a website older than you!" they look at me like 'huh?'.. lol..

You into the Drizzt series? The also epub'ed a lot of old Forgotten Realms novels too. I hate when new released hardback novels come out and the ebook version is like a dollar cheaper... come on! :) So I usually wait till its cheaper.. unless its a REALLY good series!

ZFR 04-23-2015 01:57 AM

Not sure if they're available on kindle, but try the Sword of Truth series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Truth

Also the Witcher saga is being translated into English.

I miss the times when these forums were more active. Ziroc, any updates on EfU? You mentioned you might make it available offline one day.

Ziroc 04-23-2015 02:13 AM

Yeah, been working on it on and off, but may release it as is soon--then release an updated version with the ending at a later date. :)

Yeah, I miss the old days too.. Social media/mobiles have slowed traffic to loads of forums. I have been working on the next update for the forums--that will allow mobile users to check the site easier, better capcha (no bot spammers) I'm just saving up the money for it. $300-ish.. but when I have the $$, the rest of the design will be READY! :D (About to upload the new tgeweb.com design)

I Removed a few topics (trek news) and stuff, and added a few new areas---Modding design, mods and such. ALL kinds of game mods,, so this may gain us a following in the modding community as well. (and for 3D modeling for SURE) as I'm rolling out a huge area on tgeweb with tons of models I made.

But for Ironworks, I need to add some non 'RPG' interests.. FPS maybe? Hardcore strategic games... in addition to RPGs! I think we'll be seeing a new golden age of RPG's soon. Underworld 3 is being made, Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be made, Descent reboot (3D ship game from the 90s) not RPG, but fun, and lots more! A NEW Deus Ex on the way, and rumors of Dishonored II in the works!

So I gotta get busy eh? heheh.. (I'll need to change a few things in EFU, and package it, and will post here and in EFU about the download).

Lord of Alcohol 04-23-2015 05:07 AM

Ok I know this one has what I think is a bad choice for the name of the book. The Reluctant Courtesan. It makes it sound like a Harlequin romance book.

http://www.amazon.com/Reluctant-Conc...tant+concubine

Not saying there isn't romance but it's not the focus of the book. I'm about finished with it and it's been a good read and well written. It's $.99 on Amazon, if you don't like it hey you're out a whole dollar. But I doubt you'll regret it. I've already bought book 2, will start on it tomorrow while Bic unloads 24,000 pounds of pens from my trailer.

Lord of Alcohol 04-23-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestormalpha (Post 1250170)
Like the title says, I decided to pick up a kindle Fire. What's out there to read? Downloaded the Eragon series to start, may pick up Harry Potter and finally read those books, instead of watching the movies (which I loved), Also like Orson Scott Cards Ender Saga. Mostly only read the core books though, Ender's Game, Speaker, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. Also a fan of Tad Williams... (read Memory Sorrow and Thorn collection, and Otherland Saga.)

Any suggestions?

p.s. just realized I've been a member here for almost 13 years, wow. I know others have been around longer, but still, wow. :D

Look at Z, he's old now. Errr whats that make me? Still immature of course.

ZFR 04-23-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1250173)

Thanks!

Ziroc 04-23-2015 02:15 PM

No prob (and yep! getting older but still look 23-24) lol.. love fooling people. they are really like 'no way you're 42!! I just laugh..

Sparhawk 04-30-2015 02:37 AM

I'd go for Brent Weeks "Night Angel Trilogy" and the first two volumes of "Black Prism" last one is set for release later this year I think...

Patrick Rothfuss with "Name of the wind" and "Wise Man's fear"

just for starters - my book collection is still overflowing despite my new shelves so I now have 6 full floor-to-ceilling shelves filled and 24 moving boxes in the basement...*sigh*