Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   *!*!*!! nishruru! (spoiler) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59225)

cheesus 11-22-2001 02:36 PM

how come those things are soooooooo annoying? i'm in underdark for the first time and have just had them consume and destroy the robes of the good arch magi! i can't be bothered to play if they're just going to gobble up everything i own - what's the point? they never seem to ANYTHING good when i summon them to fight for me but against me, hey - devastating. i'm not going to bother playing underdark if i'm going to have to constantly prepare for the possibility of them with tedious monster summoning etc etc. are they meant to do this or not? i've got the latest patch which i thought stopped this - if not, they're seriously overpowered. any help or tips appreciated, cheers! and i feel a bit better now i've vented this!

Melusine 11-22-2001 02:40 PM

Do you have the latest patch installed? Nishruu are supposed to only be able to 'eat up' items with charges, i.e. wands and the like. That they can eat items like a Robe of the Archmagi is a bug, and you need to install a patch to prevent it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tarox 11-22-2001 03:34 PM

I often cast them against mages
You'll find they are quite effective as not much seems to harm them, so they asist in stealing spells and more importantly disrupting enemy spellcasting
Good things ive found

Shame you got a bug of some sort though :(

JR Jansen 11-22-2001 05:58 PM

Nishruus can be very good. Especially against the low level beholders (gauths). It's so funny to see this appear in your window :
Gauth : cast cause wounds : nishruu
Nishruu : healed
But seriously. They can be very effective in a magic battle. I use them from time to time and i've found them to be very effective when the game progresses.

Whailor 11-23-2001 05:01 AM

Aside all the suggestions, seems that most repliers failed to tell how to fix it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Basically, the patch does fix some but not all. You could also try the fix from Baldurash, which was here I think. They have numerous other handy fixes as well, worth taking a look at those.

Yorick 11-23-2001 10:34 AM

I hated pre-patch Nishrus. HATED!!! I lost swords!

I love casting their big brother Hakeashar as an ally though. LOVE!
Ooh yes.

However, Nishru and Hakeashar are actually very easy to kill.

Death spell.

Mate Death spell is where it's at.

Mind flayers and their umberhulks are susceptible! They fall down like tenpins. Any summoned creature disappears.

Best spell my Sorcerer learned.

So in the underdark I had no prob. One Sorcerer against the magic resistant, Nishru Summoning Drow.

Well, no prob with the Nishrus anyway. :D

Melusine 11-23-2001 10:36 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Yorick:
I hated pre-patch Nishrus. HATED!!! I lost swords!

I love casting their big brother Hakeashar as an ally though. LOVE!
Ooh yes.

However, Nishru and Hakeashar are actually very easy to kill.

Death spell.

Mate Death spell is where it's at.

Mind flayers and their umberhulks are susceptible! They fall down like tenpins. Any summoned creature disappears.

Best spell my Sorcerer learned.

So in the underdark I had no prob. One Sorcerer against the magic resistant, Nishru Summoning Drow.

Well, no prob with the Nishrus anyway. :D
<hr></blockquote>

Death Spell will work, but one small correction: the spell that instantly kills any summoned creatures is called Death Fog, not Death Spell [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tiamat 11-23-2001 10:46 AM

Hakeashars...... never summmoned them bfore....

Yorick 11-23-2001 10:54 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Melusine:

Death Spell will work, but one small correction: the spell that instantly kills any summoned creatures is called Death Fog, not Death Spell [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

No no! Death Spell does too. The picture of the smiling red ghost face.

It's a smaller area, and instant duration, but they fall down like flies. Any summoned creature.

I don't have death fog. :(

Dundee Slaytern 11-23-2001 10:49 PM

Yorick is correct, Death Spell instant kills all summoned creatures and targets with 8 hit dice( 64 Hp and less) or less.

I prefer Death Spell to Death Fog.

However, a note. Death Spell is not usually good against Mind Flayers because of their Magic Resistance. There is one particularly exception.

Chapter 5 Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
When you are tasked with rescuing Phaere(sp?) from the Mind Flayers, casting Death Spell once killed all of them and their Umber Hulks. One of the most anti-climatic fight I ever had.