Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Killing Shangalar (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14199)

BaRoN NiGhT 10-14-2003 10:11 AM

<font color="cc0099">As some of you might know, now I'm currently playing a solo sorcerer. I'm planning of beating shangalar before going to the spell hold. Right now, my sorcerer is level 15. Maybe some of you has some tip/s of how to beat shangalar single handed with a sorcerer. Would you mind sharing it to me? Thank you.</font>

Userunfriendly 10-14-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
<font color="cc0099">As some of you might know, now I'm currently playing a solo sorcerer. I'm planning of beating shangalar before going to the spell hold. Right now, my sorcerer is level 15. Maybe some of you has some tip/s of how to beat shangalar single handed with a sorcerer. Would you mind sharing it to me? Thank you.</font>
tactics mod?? if tactics, forget it for now, best way is to blast area with dragon breaths under greater acuity...

no tactics..easy, if you don't mind a lot of cheese..
;
;
;
;

;
;;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;

;
;;
;
;
;

get yoshimo, just for this encounter...
save game, cast farsight, trigger...

reload after getting killed...

cast project image, using scrolls if you have to...(adventure mart)
cast farsight...

trap where the beholder, and sorceress and vampire spawn with 5 skulltraps in each spawn point...

have yoshi trap where the lich spawns with all the normal traps he has, exploiting dual class button if he doesn't have enough traps...(click on his dual class button, go into screen, then cancel, he now has rememorized the traps he just cast...)

trigger, and wait for beholder, lich and vampire to die... ;)

Xen 10-14-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Userunfriendly:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:

tactics mod?? if tactics, forget it for now, best way is to blast area with dragon breaths under greater acuity...

no tactics..easy, if you don't mind a lot of cheese..
</font>[/QUOTE]User you do realise that Dragon`s Breath and Improved Alacrity not Greater Acuity are ToB HLA`s and not everybody has ToB. So this is out of the question!
Back on topic:use PI,summn a lot of Skeleton Warriors(40! :D ),MSwords,buff with Pro-Magical Energy(!) and PfMW!
With PfMA ADHW will Heal you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Userunfriendly 10-14-2003 03:26 PM

i tried that with tactics mod...

scripted deathspell...bye, bye!!! sniff...waaaahhhh!!!

Xen 10-14-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Userunfriendly:
i tried that with tactics mod...

scripted deathspell...bye, bye!!! sniff...waaaahhhh!!!

Sure but some of my SWarriors survived.-7 IIRC and they were still quite useful...
Skull Traps are always fun! 20 of them makes you world living hell! :D

Maelakin 10-14-2003 03:31 PM

If you already have the Boots of Speed there is a pretty easy tactic I used at level 11 to get the staff.

Use a Scrol of Protection from Magic after you are in the room. Then, use a Cloudkill wand to put out some clouds (You can use these even with the pro-magic scroll). Run around in a few circles, staying away from the melee types in the bunch.

Once the mage dies (doesn't take very long) loot the staff and go invisible. If you have the Cloak of Non-Detection, the liches true sight won't be able to reveal you, and nothing in the room will see you through your invis.

Finish up by taking your time meleeing what is left, using the staff to re-invis yourself, until everything is dead. One note is I didn't bother to kill the vamp down there. He regened way too fast for me to kill him.

Xen 10-14-2003 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maelakin:

Once the mage dies (doesn't take very long) loot the staff and go invisible. If you have the Cloak of Non-Detection, the liches true sight won't be able to reveal you, and nothing in the room will see you through your invis.

Only problem is that if you don`t have True Sight/Glitterdust you will find hard to target that Mage,becuase it uses the Staff like real life person does. Throws spell,equips the SotM so it can be annoying...

xanderwatts 10-14-2003 04:51 PM

However you can still see where the mage is, because she generally puts up some kind of visible spell protection. Then you use the Irenicus's dungeon wand of cloudkill (sold and bought to be recharged for 50 hits) to practice a form of saturation bombing on the area. I even managed to kill the vampire, by lining him up in a corner of the room, and letting rip with the wand of lightning.

SixOfSpades 10-14-2003 06:22 PM

1) Wait until you're really high-level and actually deserve an artifact like the Staff of the Magi.
2) Turn Undead.
3) Spray a few Dragon's Breaths around.
4) Finish killing that annoyingly resilient Revanek (provided this is the Improved gang, here.)
5) Collect loot.

Userunfriendly 10-14-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maelakin:

true sight will dispell invisibility even with cloak of non detection...spell immunity is a must with this good strategy...

non detection cloak will only protect a hidden in shadows thief...is a good strategy...just make sure your sorc is spell immune...