Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99731)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 09-06-2008 06:45 AM

Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad?

I was just listening to the news and I was unable to find an article on CBC's website on it. BUT, they were saying that there will be a lot more attacks because of this comic strip.

Maybe someone can dig something up on it.

I feel that this just proves the comic to be true! :shrugs:

Beaumanoir 09-06-2008 09:18 AM

Re: Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood (Post 1215405)
I was just listening to the news and I was unable to find an article on CBC's website on it. BUT, they were saying that there will be a lot more attacks because of this comic strip.

Maybe someone can dig something up on it.

I feel that this just proves the comic to be true! :shrugs:

Yea I remember that comic, i think.

If it's the one i'm thinking of then there are fundamentalists in EVERY religion, and they're all mental IMO. But it's too far a swing to put a whole faith under one judgemental umbrella. I myself know a catholic who believes that the tsunami crisis in indonesia/thailand a few years back, was god purging them of their sins and that they deserved it.

Stratos 09-06-2008 09:22 AM

I'm not aware of this comic.

Stratos 09-06-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaumanoir (Post 1215411)
I myself know a catholic who believes that the tsunami crisis in indonesia/thailand a few years back, was god purging them of their sins and that they deserved it.

There was a mullah in Indonesia that said the same. Same line of thinking.

Beaumanoir 09-06-2008 09:25 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jylland...ns_controversy

Beaumanoir 09-06-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos (Post 1215413)
There was a mullah in Indonesia that said the same. Same line of thinking.

I can imagine. The mind boggles, to be honest.

Stratos 09-06-2008 09:29 AM

Aha, those. But those are old news.

Come to think of it, 10 minutes ago I read an article that said that al-Qaida was threatening Denmark again. Is this what the OP is refering to?

Beaumanoir 09-06-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos (Post 1215417)
Aha, those. But those are old news.

Come to think of it, 10 minutes ago I read an article that said that al-Qaida was threatening Denmark again. Is this what the OP is refering to?

Presumably. Though I've not heard it myself other than this thread.

However, last time I mentioned religion in a thread the mod-squad swooped in and locked it (though that'd be ironic enough, in a thread about an argument which started over 'freedom of speech' laws :P)

Stratos 09-06-2008 09:45 AM

I read the article in a Swedish newspaper. Some group called "Site" who monitors Islamist homepages picked up on the video. According to the article, a leading member of AQ named Mustafa Abu al-Yazid threatened Denmark with revenge. The video also refered to the bombing of the Danish embassy in Islamabad in Pakistan. It appearantely even contains an animation of the attack and how it was carried out.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 09-06-2008 02:05 PM

Yeah, according to news today, they're still on about it. Boy, could you imagine what we Christians would do if we retaliated every time someone took our Saviours' name in vane? ..wouldn't be many people around I think.