Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help I'm stuck (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100737)

Elfin 05-08-2009 06:11 PM

Help I'm stuck

I started Icewind Dale II and wiped out all the goblins on the docks and the caves that I could find, but cannot progress to next level because the NPC don't do what they're supposed to. I go to Targos town but cannot get past it. Are there any goblins hidden in the docks area that I can't find.
Help.

Legolas 05-08-2009 06:22 PM

Re: Help I'm stuck

In the docks, you should find goblins outside (in various places, check the piers), in a cat lady's house, in a random house, in a warehouse once you start looting it, in another warehouse, and under that warehouse. You should get a message when the last of them is dead.

Elfin 05-09-2009 12:43 AM

Been all those places. Don't know where else to go or what to do.

Kezardin 05-09-2009 03:09 AM

Howdy Elfin,

Did you check all of the docks right to the end, especially the one with the lighthouse ?

Also, did you collect the scroll from the body of the boss in the tunnel ?

Elfin 05-09-2009 10:09 AM

Thanks. I got the scroll. Had to kill Phaen of the Rags to keep it. Went to the lighthouse. Both warehouses, cat lady's house and all other houses and buildings. Couldn"t find Guthwulfe Hengehelm at Salty dog as suggested by a walkthrough. Still no luck.

Kezardin 05-09-2009 04:47 PM

If you've gained access to the town then the goblins/docks quest is complete.

Not sure why the barbarian isn't at the tavern. Might be a bug. Have you installed any mods ? He's not essential to the plot though - a place to sell goodies and a chance to win something in a contest.

Talking to Ulbrec in the eastern part of town will give you access to the palisades, which is the next part of the main quest. His wife can give you info about the scroll.

There are several side quests in the town too, natch :D

Elfin 05-10-2009 10:47 AM

thanks again. But Ulbrec keeps telling me to come back when the docks are cleared and his wife tells me to talk to Ulbrec.

Kezardin 05-10-2009 12:31 PM

From memory, you can't enter Targos itself until the docks are cleared. (unless using movetoarea code or similar). As Legolas mentioned, you should have received a message telling you this part of the quest was completed.

If you've got mods installed one of these might be causing the problems.

Otherwise, two things to try (if you haven't already)

- Check the base of the cliffs behind the warehouses for stray goblins

- talk to the guard outside the warehouse. If the goblins are cleared he should direct you to Ulbrech.

Given the number of problems you're having so early in the game, you may need uninstall/reinstall to try and sort it out.

Elfin 05-21-2009 05:11 PM

I had to do a reinstall. this solved the problem. but I had to start all over again. thanks all.

Kezardin 05-22-2009 12:03 AM

Howdy Elfin,

Hope you enjoy your journey to the Shaengarne and beyond.