Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Best character in WOW? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90640)

Megabot 02-18-2005 10:02 AM

Hi i got the WOW game today and what is the best character to create? Also the class would be cool to know what is the best? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dreamer128 02-18-2005 10:26 AM

I don't think any class is 'the best', as they seem quite well balanced (having said that, I did hear some bad stories about the Warrior). It's all a matter of personal preference.

Gnarf 02-18-2005 11:35 AM

No idea what the best'd be, and it probably depends somewhat on the player. I just chose a race/class that seemed cool... I don't think there are any really, really, really bad choices [img]smile.gif[/img]

After that, I think what 2 professions to choose and how to spend talent points (lvl 10+) are the only real choices you have to make in building your character (you don't get any points to put in stats of your choice, and all skills you attain can be maxed (so it's no big deal if you, fer example, change your mind on what weapon to use)). You can unlearn talents and get your points back, for a fee, so it's not really too much of a problem if you make some bad choices [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ivelliis 02-18-2005 05:16 PM

I'd say paladin. They are strong warriors, and can heal themselves. I've heard, from some people, it's pretty overpowered.

Megabot 02-18-2005 06:19 PM

Yeah i have tried the Night Elf as an Rogue and it is horrible maybe i trie the Paladin instead.
Thanks folks [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am Night Elf Hunter:

strong:
--- powerful pet
--- viper sting can drain 1000 mana
--- lay traps
--- stealth
--- track stealthed targets
--- powerful ranged attack
--- dual wield + chain armour

weak:
--- becomes less useful in late game due to super baddies's immunities to our poison
--- not really burst damagers.. less firepower than mage, less survivial than paladin
--- cant heal

Luvian 02-19-2005 02:10 AM

Rogues are anything but weak, they are the best melee damage dealers...

Paladin have horrible damage, but they make it up in survivability.

SpiritWarrior 02-19-2005 07:13 AM

From a l33t point of view, Hunter. It's not my thing though, and I won't go through the game with a class I ain't feeling no matter how much damage it can do. If you like the class, you're in for a treat. Have one in the late 20's.

Rogues are good dps damagers but are somewhat flimsy what with the leather n all - if played right they're fine and powerful once not overwhelmed. Have one in the early 30's. You are probably not using stealth tactics enough and rather tanking or scrapping and then getting too much aggro.

Paladin has got some good damage imho, better than a hunters melee (since they got many AP buffs and DOT spells/auras at lvl 34 my paladin would crit for 500-600 due to spell/aura/seal combos) but a bit less than a Warrior. Paladins can heal themselves though so that is a lifesaver right there and they can tank a bit too.

Warrior is good, has high damage and can tank well but all agree it is a class that needs a buff. I tried one briefly.

Druids dps is relatively low. Cat form grants you some more but it's almost like a weak rogue. Tried one for a week or so. Fun class what with the shapeshifting n all.

Just my 2 copper.

Lucern 02-19-2005 05:53 PM

My rogue is my favorite character...I do 70% of my damage in the first 5 seconds of combat, and then hit that limit of energy - then it's slower going and faster dying!

I like having paladins in my group, but I coulnd't stand mine, with his donkey kong hammer and his attacking every 5 seconds for very little damage (never got him past 10). Yeah he can heal, but I don't like to be in combat that long - I like to crit on an ambush and have it done with in 5 seconds ;)

Megabot 02-19-2005 07:26 PM

Thanks for the head up folks i have played it now for some days and have got for the Human Female Mage she looks "wery nice lol" but do wery mutch damage with her spells but she die pretty fast lol but i beginn to get the hang on the way to play with a Mage pretty cool i must say, i think i shall trie more with my Rogue later on when i have played a bit more! [img]smile.gif[/img] :9 A wery great game best i have played in years this will be a classic i think!
AGAIN Blizzard could not fail in making a great game. :D