Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spell Animations... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32415)

moiraine sedai 09-16-2003 10:16 AM

A couple of times in the past, W&W has been slammed for it's poor spell animations. I'm not here to do that today (I mean, a spellcaster is casting a spell to buff himself or a party member or to kill a monster, not to make a pretty lightshow, eh?). What I wanted to ask you was what is your favourite offensive spell animation (preferably excluding the storm spells)?

I think my favourites would be shock (lvl 1 stone) for it's fancy little shower of sparks, venom bite (lvl 2 vine) for the whole cool snake thing and, finally, my fave; Binding Force (lvl 3 vine). I just love the way it seems to wrap magical energy around the target. It seems quite a bit Matrix-y to me. What do you think?

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai

bsftcs 09-16-2003 01:35 PM

Good idea for a poll! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

My two favourites are:

1. the Shadow spell: Because of the effect it has on monsters. They become transparent in a spooky way. I had a peculiar experience in the crypt when I cast shadow on five skeletons. Every time I started walking and then suddenly looked back I was followed by these five transparent/shadowed skeletons. Very spooky and sinister. Also they cannot be seen if standing in a dark corner of a room, and then suddenly they just attack from out of the darkness. Scary.

2. the Whirling Dervish spell. It just looks great. Especially if one casts five or six of them under water.

WillowIX 09-16-2003 02:42 PM

Burning haze. IT looks like a beautiful burning haze. :D

Other than that, STUN! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just kidding! Stop throwing things at me! :blublink:

LiOnHe@rT 09-17-2003 02:06 AM

mine would be Spectral Raven of the Mooncraft. love the animation of a speeding blue raven! next would be elemental blast from the Stonecraft (right?), almost the same animation as shock but it's certainly much cooler! :D

So So 09-18-2003 11:41 AM

My favorite spell animations are:

1.) Burning Haze- it just reminds me of WOT

2.) Spectral Raven- a beautiful blue bird ready to kill anything that oppposes me

3.) Whirling Dervish - Finally a I can launch a tornado in a game...(I don't play that many games and the ones I do play do not have that feature..)

Well those are my thoughts...But I think W&W should have a few animations for the weapon attacks...

LiOnHe@rT 09-20-2003 08:51 AM

yea, they should make tje attack of the mavin sword look much cooler, such as stars flying out of it whenever you hit an enemy ;) !
and maybe an aura of night (black colour) around the NIGHTblade, and many other cool stuff!!! :D