Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How do Drow fight Elves??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58643)

Kaleban 11-05-2001 09:31 AM

Must be off of an online Monstrous Manual (with special emphasis on "Monstrous"... yeesh!).

Anyways, that was a lot of insight, I may just have to pick up Salvatore's books...

I suppose the number one thing you put down that stuck in my brain was the "The drow no longer wish to live upon the surface of the earth. In fact, few who live on the surface ever see a drow. But the dark elves resent the elves and faeries who drove them away, and scheme against those that dwell in the sunlight." quote.

Its all about cold, sweet, and slow revenge against their perceived oppressors.

Memnoch 11-05-2001 09:54 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kaleban:
Must be off of an online Monstrous Manual (with special emphasis on "Monstrous"... yeesh!).
<hr></blockquote>

Anything that I quote in color means that I've quoted it and it's not in my own words (and in some cases added my own comments). In this case yes, it is an .rtf version of the 2nd Ed Monstrous Manual. Huge mofo. ;)

Sir ReGiN 11-05-2001 10:02 AM

Really...I might have a look at that.. ;)

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-05-2001 08:47 PM

when drow attack they attack at night, and then that saves their armor and such, as after they attack they usually go immediately back to the underdark

Nanobyte 11-05-2001 09:36 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DM of FAoIW:
The secrecy and chaotic drow natural is indeed, a powerful combination..<hr></blockquote>

I do believe Drow are Neutral Evil, as they do manage to maintain a society and a somewhat balanced government. Chaotic Evil beings, I feel, are incapable of civilization, if not at all incapable of emotions other than those of greed, hatred, revenge, or plain EVILness.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]</p>

250 11-05-2001 11:21 PM

read the definition of "chaotic evil"

drow IS chaotic evil or chaotic good

Lifetime 11-06-2001 01:35 AM

Actually I believe the Drow are Lawful Evil. Chaotic Evil is for characters with no respect for authority or just plain madmen. The Drow DO have a social ladder and ranking/class system, and they do pay respect to higher ranks, such as Priestesses and Matrons. They follow the "rules" of the Underdark and of Drow society as far as they know they'll be caught, but break the rules only when they know they can get away with it. They're pretty much like humans in a way. An Anarchistic, every-man-for-himself, yet highly ordered System.

250 11-06-2001 05:49 AM

read definition, as I said

chaotic evil is not mad man. mad has nothing to do in this case. chaotic evil means self indulgent, getting ahead at everyone else's expanse, getting ahead, getting ahead, getting ahead...

tehmpus 11-06-2001 06:21 AM

Being Chaotic has everything to do with individualism. Chaotic persons like to do things themselves, and in the case of evil persons... for themselves. Yes, it's a bit of a selfish alignment. A chaotic person is always willing to "go against the odds" or "break a few rules" to get what they think needs to be done, done. Good or Evil... a chaotic person has very little respect for laws or organization. So, when you hear of a large group of drow attacking an elven town, I would tend to think that most of those individuals would either be Lawful or Neutral rather than Chaotic, for it's not easy for a Chaotic individual to follow orders, or work well in a team. It CAN be done, but it's not easy, and basically goes against that persons inner self.

So Sayeth the GOD of WAR!

250 11-06-2001 06:26 AM

chaotic evil doesnt mean stupid evil

you are saying chaotic evil people cannot work together, I say that is wrong.

because chaotic evils do work together if there is a common gain. and that is the case when a large groups of drow do raids. their war, however, often fail at the end because INDIVIDUAL's gain outweight the gains of the group, and a drow, doesn't sacrifice. that is how the whole loses