Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Come one, come all, the circus is back in town! (may contain spoilers) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15765)

Stockholm Syndrome 09-13-2004 11:51 AM

Stockholm Syndrome proudly presents; the amazing Aegwyn and his transforming pets!

Some history:...after our dear 'Jon' was finally killed by the Bhaalspawn Aegwyn and his merry band of mercenaries, adventurers and Turnipsalesmen in the Abyss, they where inmediately yanked to the speaking stones. For some vague reason, our hero decides to release his cat familiar, but because a sense of danger overwhelms him, he picks the cat back up to place him in his pack...

And now ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention back to our four legged friend. Because now,...the cat has turned into a rabbit! And that's not all, when he releases the...ehm...animal, it completely disapears!

Thank you for visiting our humble circus. Y'all come back now, y'hear.

(Anyway, my question, if you haven't guessed it yet, is how could this have happend? And how do i fix it again?)

Ivelliis 09-13-2004 12:52 PM

are you fully patched? I've never heard of this problem before, on the other hand I've never used familiars that far through the game

Dron_Cah 09-13-2004 01:54 PM

Uh, this should probably be in the ToB section, since the problem seems to be occuring at that point. ;)

Thrain 09-13-2004 04:45 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
depending on the choices made at the end of SoA, alignments can change (and thus familiars). however, as both the cat and the rabbit are neutral familiars, i can only guess that this is a bug of some sort. if you are fully patched and bugfixed, it could be a mod. but then, i know of no mod that has this known bug.

Hank Parsons 09-13-2004 05:09 PM

Hey Stockholm Snydrome! I don't know about your circus, but I'm curious about your name. Just a reference to the phenomenon of S.S. (where the captive begins to sympathize with their captors), or are you a fan of the band of the same name?
http://www.stockholmsyndromeband.com
They are awesome.

Also wondered if you're really @ Juicy Lake - The Netherlands, on account of your linguistics sounding Southern USA at times.

Link 09-13-2004 05:29 PM

I can answer for him (he stated it before) that his name derives from the syndrom with the captives and the captors.

And I think his name is the (quite literal) translation of the Dutch town Sappermeer. I could be mistaken of course, but after all: we Dutch are renowned for our ease of use concerning foreign languages.

Not our English grammar though :D

Hank Parsons 09-13-2004 07:06 PM

Yeah, cuz that was funny when he said "Y'all come back now, ya hear". We say that in my area.

Stockholm Syndrome 09-14-2004 11:19 AM

First, i'd like to give my most sincere appolagy/appolegy/appology (take your pick) for accidentelly putting this post in the wrong place.

To awnser Hank Parson's question, its indeed a reference to the phenomenon, but i'm not a fan of the band. I am, however, a fan of Blink 182 who have a song named; Stockholm Syndrome.

Going over to Link, your absolutely right about Juicy Lake, its the litteral translation of Sappemeer and my hometown. But now i wonder, since you know your Groningen-Topography very well, from where are you exactly?

Back to Hank, I don't know about American/English dialects, but i'm pretty good with languages. I have had both a Danish and a French girlfriend. (Not at the same time mind you...) Aargh! We can also be talkin' like pirates, me matey. If ye be likin' that better...

Thrain 09-14-2004 12:50 PM

it's apology for future reference. but, tbh, you have better grammar than most of the people i know. gotta love the dutch educaiton system [img]smile.gif[/img]

Link 09-15-2004 03:58 AM

I know my deal of Dutch cities and towns, SS [img]smile.gif[/img] It's not like Holland's huge or something ;)

I myself am from Noord-Brabant (a tiny town called Wouw) but currently I'm a citizen of Leiden, because I study History there.