Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Computer Locks Up When I Try To Give Kerrielle The Amulet (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32713)

Sharde 05-15-2004 10:12 PM

Hi All,

Now my computer is locking up when I try to give the amulet to Kerielle. Maybe a re-instal will fix this. My computer had been locking up as well when I tried to give Mekdawa the elixer, but a re-instal fixed it.

Have you heard of a computer locking up when giving cetain characters certain items?

Sharde

Bungleau 05-15-2004 10:28 PM

Hmmm... lots of locking problems.

Okay, what else is running when you run W&W? IOW, what programs and applications are alive in the backgroun (through task manager, system tray, or whatever)? There may be something excessive there.

Lockups are often video issues, and downgrading your video settings (or upgrading your drivers) can address them. Try going into the Game Options before starting the game and setting the various graphics options to their lowest levels. Yeah, gaming will suck while you figure out what you can tweak back up, but it's far better than crashing :D

Start there, and then let's see...

Sharde 05-15-2004 11:31 PM

Bungleau,

Thanks for the responce...

My internet is turned off and all my processes... I'll try the graphics thing... Nothing else is functioning wierd though... Just trying to give certain items to certain characters.

I did a re-instal of the game and still can't give Kerielle the amulet.

Still trying things.

Sharde

Sharde 05-16-2004 03:16 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your help with this ones... Got it fixed.

Seems it was just a computer glitch... I stole a couple of scrolls from her while she was talking about the amulet and then I was able to give her the amulet.

The stealing may have triggered some kind of interaction that previously was disabled... Before I wasn't even able to give her any other item either.

Anyway, it all worked out... Thanks for your help.

Sharde

Bungleau 05-16-2004 10:54 PM

Aahhhh.... I forgot to mention that possibility. It was not a computer glitch... it was a wardrobe malfunction, see!

What happened was that her inventory was full, so she couldn't accept what you were giving her. Once you stole a couple of scrolls (actually, once you stole one), there was now a space, and you could give it to her.

You may run into this later on with a certain samurai, and also with an old pirate. And perhaps a wandering priest, too.

You don't have to steal things, either. You can just buy them, and it does the same thing.

So So 05-17-2004 09:53 AM

Bungleau...that is true...you don't have to steal items...but the risk makes it more interesting doesn't it? :D ...

And btw...how to you bold face or italicize words on this forum?

Bungleau 05-17-2004 11:03 AM

You have two choices. You can use standard HTML tags < b >/< /b > and < i >/< /i > (with spaces removed), or you can use the UBB tags (same thing, but use [] instead of <>).

Quote this post, and you can see them in action.

So So 05-17-2004 12:09 PM

Thanx Bungleau... I had originally thought that HTML code would be disabled...I should have read the Message next to the QuickReply...

Bungleau 05-17-2004 01:11 PM

No worries... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think that HTML and UBB code may be enabled or disabled by forum. In this forum, it's supported.

*edit* typos...

[ 05-17-2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]