Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any opinions on xbox one? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102355)

Blind_Prophet 06-08-2013 12:23 AM

Any opinions on xbox one?

Personally for me the biggest let down is no used games also the connect to the internet once a day to continue playing your games even single player. Anyone else have any thoughts or news.

bubbe 06-08-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Any opinions on xbox one?

Nothing I want to buy anyway, I can't lend games to my friends, I have to reconnect to internet once a day (even though that is not a problem today, not at least for many people).
If I want to trade game I have to go to a pre-approved retailer in order to do that (which makes it harder for me since there might be few in my city)

No, not impressed at all!

Firestormalpha 06-08-2013 10:59 AM

It looks like someone took an old NES console and painted it black. Which is ok, I guess, if you're into the whole retro look.

Ziroc 06-08-2013 08:01 PM

Once version 2 of the bios is worked out, I'll get a PS4.. Never again would I get an XBOX.. Wonder if this new xbox will have the "One Ring of Death"... lol...

Azred 06-10-2013 01:40 PM

I don't get interested in gaming consoles, preferring to stick with PCs. Yes, I will probably miss out on some great games but I miss out on many things so I am not going to worry about it.

At least I can disconnect my computer if I don't want someone snooping around on it. I do not have webcams at the house any more.

Ziroc 06-10-2013 05:53 PM

Yeah, PC Games are #1 for me... Battlefield 4 is gotta freaking ROCK!!!

If you play it on the PC or the PS3, PM me with your username.. we can team up and do some damage to the noobs :)

Micah Foehammer 06-12-2013 12:01 PM

I think PS4 totally beats the Xbone. If I buy a console I would get PS4 for sure. It's far more consumer friendly. It's GDDR5 is a much better choice from a video intensive system to boot. The Xbox does come bundled with the Kinect system (which may or may not be a plus) while PS4 is standalone. The Xbox also has a couple of exclusive titles that looked nice but not enough that it would sway the difference for me. And then there is the DRM issue with the Xbox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1249326)
Yeah, PC Games are #1 for me... Battlefield 4 is gotta freaking ROCK!!!

If you play it on the PC or the PS3, PM me with your username.. we can team up and do some damage to the noobs :)

Sorry no multiplayer for me.

E3 had a bunch of cool looking single games:
These are the ones coming out for the PC that I thought looked good with details and release dates when available.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft) / open world 3rd person action adventure game / single player and multiplayer / August 2013
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision) - first person shooter / single and multiplayer / November 2013
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) - open world action adventure stealth video game / single player and multiplayer (co-op) / November 2013
Assassins Creed 4 (Ubisoft) - historical open world action adventure video game / single player and multiplayer / October 2013
Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) -3rd person action adventure game / single player / October 2013
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2K Games) - August 2013
MURDERED: Soul Suspect (Square Enix) - mystery puzzle action adventure game / single player / early 2014
Thief (Square Enix) - stealth game / single player / 2014
Mad Max (Warner Brothers) - post-apocalyptic third-person open-world adventure / single player / 2014
Tom Clancy: The Division (Massive Entertainment) / online open world 3rd person action role playing game / single and multiplayer / 2014
The Evil Within (Bethesda) - survival horror game / single player / 2014

Dragon Age 3 - Q3 2014

The Witcher 3 - open world cRPG - 2014

The best multiplayer game I saw was not Battlefield 4 but Tom Clancy: The Division from Massive Entertainment. It's an massively multiplayer online tactical 3rd person shooter action role-playing game. It supposedly supports single player but I can't verify that. Sadly it will only be released initially on console although it might be ported to the PC.

Edit: Added some more details on the games.

I also saw some videos for game play for these:

Battlefield 4 - first-person shooter - single player campaign or multiplayer - Electronics Arts - If you've played the earlier versions, there are a few new additions but not all that much
. New gameplay elements include dual-scoped weapons, and use of vehicles in single player mode - PC and Console
Titanfall (meh another multiplayer-only mech shooter - nice graphics but not my cup of tea) - PC and Xbox exclusive
Quantum Break - another TV show - Game tie in - didn't see a lot of game play but cinematics were awesome - Xbox 1 EXCLUSIVE at launch may be ported to PC but NOT to PS4
Defiance - open-world shooter MMO - yes tied into the TV show - The show, which debuted on April 15th, 2013, is influenced by events in the game and in turn influences events in the game PC and Consoles

Ziroc 06-13-2013 01:27 AM

Oh yeah, Thief too -- I just hope the do it right.. Sometimes reboots are really bad.. And it kinda sucks because usually when they release a game for consoles and PCs, they rarely release an editor.. (Skyrim did) I sure hope Thief does!!

Witcher 3 also sounds good!!

Micah Foehammer 06-13-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1249331)
Oh yeah, Thief too -- I just hope the do it right.. Sometimes reboots are really bad.. And it kinda sucks because usually when they release a game for consoles and PCs, they rarely release an editor.. (Skyrim did) I sure hope Thief does!!

Witcher 3 also sounds good!!

Thief looked okay but the game seemed kind of limited to me. The environment is really reactive, and the graphics are really nice - it's a great blend of Victorian and Steampunk. Okay I can sneak around and pickpocket people and steal stuff and there's some neat ways to solve problems, but is that it? Hopefully there is an over-arcing story that the designers have put in place because if not this game is going to be boring really fast. I haven't heard about any plans for an editor on this one. Will be released for PC, Xbox 1 and PS4 but not the earlier consoles.

Blind_Prophet 06-19-2013 11:04 PM

Today Microsoft said they are removing all the DRM however it still seems too little to late for them vs Sony. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ions-abandoned