Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dreams, goals etc? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82903)

Gabriel 11-24-2002 09:58 PM

With all the crap (can I say crap? You just did Gabe, twice. oh.) that been going on lately I figure it no use going go on and on about.. (edited, as he went on and on.).. That being said, What your dream? Your life goals, what do you want to do, see, go, eat, climb, bonk, etc.

What mine you ask (like they asked) I want to travel the length of Japan, from south-most tip to the northest point, And well that pretty much it, I end by asking once again, What yours?

Larry_OHF 11-24-2002 10:06 PM

<font color=skyblue> It is far-fetched...but my dream would be to be a personal and up-close witness to the major deadly natural disasters of the world.
* I want to feel an 8.0 earthquake under my feet
* I want to see a volcano erupt, and be close enough to throw a rock into the lava that is gooing past me.
* I want to see a tornado heading my way.
* I want to be in one of those mansoons...the tropical hurricanes.

I guess I would like to see a meteor crash down as well...but...er...there's not much chance living through that one like the others.</font>

True_Moose 11-24-2002 10:08 PM

Well, that's ever so slightly morbid, Larry. ;)

My dream would be to someday have hockey as my career. As it is, I know I'm not going to go professional or anything, but I would like to somehow be involved in hockey in a career. My ultimate goal would be to be a coach. Not likely, but hey. :D

EDIT: Larry, how bout a firestorm swirling around you? Just a thought. :D

[ 11-24-2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]

Blind_Prophet 11-24-2002 10:10 PM

Hmm my goal ... is to restore old classic cars for a living.

Btw larry i knew north carolina had some crazy people but.....yeah [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-24-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Blind_Prophet ]

antryg 11-24-2002 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue> It is far-fetched...but my dream would be to be a personal and up-close witness to the major deadly natural disasters of the world.
* I want to see a volcano erupt, and be close enough to throw a rock into the lava that is gooing past me.

I guess I would like to see a meteor crash down as well...but...er...there's not much chance living through that one like the others.</font>

I've been through a hurricane (nobody died and it did only minor damage) and it was indeed awesome and an adrenaline rush. If it had been a real killer I'm sure I wouldn't have felt that way.
When I was 12 the house I lived in was hit by a tornado, the roof was blown off, every window and door broken. I don't ever want to go through that again.
I was driving on the highway South of Los Angeles when a 4.0 earthquake hit.

I've lived 3/5ths of your dream life and pray to God that I'm not blessed with the rest of your dream. It wasn't fun when it happened and I can't make it seem like fun now. (Much like being a mod :D )

Iron_Ranger 11-24-2002 11:00 PM

Well, Larry, having been 5 miles away from a F5 Tornado, I can safley say, that, no, you dont want to go through that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for my goals..I am kind with Moose on this one, I would like to do something with hockey, I doubt it will ever happen though.

[ 11-24-2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]

Mack_Attack 11-24-2002 11:06 PM

Open up a B&B. Something small. Sounds like alot of work but working for your self is the way to go. Some where warm would be a bonus. ;)

Gabriel 11-24-2002 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Larry you will be pleased to hear that 3 out of those four are easy.(But costly)
Go to Mount Etna (Helens in America, fool), Italy on hoilday, it been going of for few months now or Hawi (Or one of the ilands around there, I hear some nutter makes and sell pots out of the lava.)
Tornado Tours are going every season.
Mansoons will be hard thought you have to travel to some where like India.
Meteor Inpack well, you could surive if it's not to big but boy there rare.
Oh and why not a normal hurricane?

[ 11-26-2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Gabriel ]

antryg 11-24-2002 11:39 PM

Dreams, I've had my share. I'd love to open up a book store and have enough money so that I never have to worry if I never sell a book. Another thing I've always wanted to do is to hitch-hike through England decked out in full cowboy mode (Hat, western shirt, jeans, big buckle, boots, and duster). I don't normally dress that way but I think it would be fun to act out the sterotypical Texan while touring England.

Iron_Ranger 11-24-2002 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by antryg:
[QBI've always wanted to do is to hitch-hike through England decked out in full cowboy mode (Hat, western shirt, jeans, big buckle, boots, and duster). I don't normally dress that way but I think it would be fun to act out the sterotypical Texan while touring England.[/QB]
LOL!!!!!!!!

Go for it ;)