Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Greater Werewolf at Firkraggs (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58776)

Sabien Blackmoor 11-08-2001 03:51 PM

Could someone please offer some advice on greater werewolves. I dismantled the group of wolves at Firkraggs with the exception of the "greater" one. I lured em out to the room with balconies and closed the doors. Now when hitting him with arrows(all kinds) I cannot do any damage. I even had Minsc hang over the side and nail em a few times . The game states how much damage is being done and I do not see immune etc.. to weapons but when tabbed over, the greater werewolf is "noninjured." Could this be a bug. Regeneration at 23 points a round..Oh yeah..sure would like to have a potion of that.

Dundee Slaytern 11-08-2001 04:04 PM

Urm... Greater Werewolves are very high-level monsters, and if you cannot deal more than 23 damage per round, you may want to consider coming back later when you are of higher level.

Try summoning to deal more damage per round. Aerial Servants will help a lot here. They pack a mega-punch.

Morgeruat 11-08-2001 05:26 PM

In the Ravenloft Monster Compendium, I forget which one, it states that greater werewolves regen all hp's at the end of every round, so drop swords on your tanks and proceed to hack them up before thay can grow back

masteraleph 11-08-2001 09:08 PM

There is, occasionally, a bug where one of the Greater Werewolves at Firkraag's will be nearly unkillable. Can you kill other Greater Werewolves? If so then this one's buggy. Either Cntrl-Y him or you'll have to do 100+ damage in one round

Sabien Blackmoor 11-08-2001 09:52 PM

Thanks fer de help..I forgot to mention the fact he walked through 2 walls to suddenly appear in the large chamber after we closed doors to 3 rooms on our way out to find a place to rest. That seemed kinda odd.But then who said they couldn't open doors. It was just the way it all happened that made it seem like a bug.
speaking about level..I believe I didn't explain it welljudging by the first reply. If all I could deliver as a group was 23 in a round I would stay in town and hunt chickens. Modestly speaking I was only shooting a few arrows to feel him out. The eyebrows raised when we delivered damage and the next round he was "uninjured." Sitting on the perch with him trapped in a room we shot over 100 arrows with the majority hitting their mark. He remained uninjured after receiving damage. I began to think "illusion." But then again perhaps he was the ultimate regenerator.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-08-2001 10:08 PM

Doesn't it take a +2 or +3 weapon to hit a greater werewolf?

250 11-08-2001 11:19 PM

look, I remmy fighting one of those back in the old days... ahh.. pleasure

the key is, you need a good mage/cleric combination, just bombard him with doom

say, I know at least five characters can cast doom

Jaheria/Arie/Viconia/Keldon/the ranger guy

so have three dooms hit him as soon as the battle begins

then have them cast another round of doom (make sure at the end of that round, let Jan start a Veniger of Death spell, or Choco Orb) either way, the greater werewolf is gone...

**yawn** cheesy ways to kill anyone

lay loads of traps, another way

IF you are really good, like me

... forget it, hard to explai... buahahaha

frudi_x 11-09-2001 01:46 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by masteraleph:
There is, occasionally, a bug where one of the Greater Werewolves at Firkraag's will be nearly unkillable.<hr></blockquote>
so that's really a bug? thought I just sucked too much when I first played through and found it almost impossible to kill (finaly managed to disintegrate him in the end). but I didn't have the problem in any of my next games.

oh, and it's Greater Wolfwere, not Greater Werewolf.