Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Interesting PC key function discovery. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88701)

Larry_OHF 12-08-2003 01:13 AM

<font color=skyblue>If you have a wheel mouse and it is set as it's defaulted use of scrolling...then hold down your CTRL button and spin the wheel and the page font increases or decreases instantly depending on the direction you spin it. Woo! </font>

Hayashi 12-08-2003 01:41 AM

You can also hold the the shift key while using the scroll button to go back to the previous page (rotate button towards you, or 'down') or go forward by scrolling 'up'.
Found that out ages ago... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bozos of Bones 12-08-2003 06:30 AM

And I thought that was some kind of bug when both problems happened some time ago. Man...
THX, dudes!

Calaethis Dragonsbane 12-08-2003 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>If you have a wheel mouse and it is set as it's defaulted use of scrolling...then hold down your CTRL button and spin the wheel and the page font increases or decreases instantly depending on the direction you spin it. Woo! </font>
huh... am surprised you didn't know about this before :S. Hehe. Glad you found it anyway..

Megabot 12-08-2003 10:36 AM

Great Larry i did not know about that, very handy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Nerull 12-08-2003 11:31 PM

Thanks! I had no clue about that, but that will help immensely (I despise having to constantly click back).

Larry_OHF 12-09-2003 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hayashi:
You can also hold the the shift key while using the scroll button to go back to the previous page (rotate button towards you, or 'down') or go forward by scrolling 'up'.
Found that out ages ago... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=skyblue>If you have your mouse arrow over a link, you can do that and it acts as a click. </font>

Stormymystic 12-09-2003 05:30 AM

I found that out by accident a few days ago [img]tongue.gif[/img] when my youngest was playing with keyboard and I was tring to scroll the page :D thanks to my 2 year old, I found out before you [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-09-2003, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Larry_OHF 12-09-2003 08:14 AM

<font color=skyblue>So are you saying that your youngest is already showing signs of hacker-like qualities? That's too bad, Miss Stormy M. </font>

Stormymystic 12-09-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>So are you saying that your youngest is already showing signs of hacker-like qualities? That's too bad, Miss Stormy M. </font>
I give up [img]tongue.gif[/img] not going to comment on antoher one of your threads :D