Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Compulsive Bush/Blaire hating disorder? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91623)

Dron_Cah 09-13-2004 10:40 AM

I try not to. Made a couple of visits, and decided if I posted there much, I'd get banned in no time. (Oh, you think I'm wrong, eh? Well, ya know what I think? ....) :D

Donut 09-13-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
. Most will say, "he's an idiot," but other's will say he's a good ol' country boy, with an honest demeanor!
Tony Blair is a good ol' country boy?

Ronn_Bman 09-13-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Tony Blair is a good ol' country boy?
In an uptight English city boy kind of way. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Gangrell 09-13-2004 12:08 PM

Well, naturally people are going to blame Bush on several issues, but I don't know about Blaire because I don't keep up with news on the other side of the world. Most people are anti-Bush, because of economic reasons and the like, but I don't get where terrorists struck at 9/11 because they didn't like Bush. Honestly, would it really have mattered which president was in the White House?

Quote:

Originally posted by Avatar:
<font color=white>I think people sometimes forget that these 2 people has up held your country's economy, welfare and your future interests more than many.</font>
Yes, Bush has done a lovely job of jacking up prices on food and gasoline, bravo.

Dron_Cah 09-13-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
. Most will say, "he's an idiot," but other's will say he's a good ol' country boy, with an honest demeanor!

Tony Blair is a good ol' country boy? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, smart-ass, of course I'm talking about Tony Blair. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:

Maybe you should read the quote again, a little more slowly perhaps this time.
The quoted person (I'm assuming it's Moore, but your post is sort of rambly) is NOT AT ALL saying that Bush is to blame for the attack (again, on the assumption that this is about 9/11). He is saying that IF anyone wanted to get at Bush, killing people who may not even have voted for him is not the right way to do it. So he's blaming the terrorists for using the wrong tactics, not blaming Bush for whatever you thought he was blaming him for.

Wow, I had no idea. Lose the anglocentric perspective - it's not MY country, or that of many other IW members.
(note for smartasses - not saying that the UK's and USA's policies, economies and politics have no bearing at all on my country) [/QB]
<font color=white>
No, I know he meant it wasn't an attack on Bush. But what did he mean exactly?
If you do hate Bush, don't bomb American people, make a **** film about him?

Oh I am reallys sorry it's rambly, will try to remember that next time. And don't get angry because you know I didn't mean any of that.

Yes, you are right, economic fall down here will link across the world. That is far too subtle for most people, so I don't blame them. I'm allowed to blame people right?

True, that most people in this world and probably IW (though i didn't know that) are non- USA and UK. Sorry, about that. You have every right to hate strong leaders of other countries [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just don't like seeing so MANY americans and english people bashing a leader who is doing what i reckon is a darn good job.

</font>

<font color=skyblue>

heriophant!

Q:How do I know the attack was planned?

Well, I really don't think it was an act of god or randomn chaos theory, and they did find proof of planning... DO i have to explain this?

Q:What did Bush do?

Not much at that stage!

Q:We always complain don't we?

I don't mind the occasional complaint of protest about gov. but this is ridiculous. What the **** is wrong with some people (most?)
I am working in a high tech software company over the summer and the company emails are:

1) ****** MICROSOFT are satans! all of them!
2) something exploded... probably **** Bush ordering a missile strike.
3) BLAIRE IS A PUPPET! We are the 53rd state of america!

SHUT UP!

Q: Explain: uphold economy... blah.

Well remember the terrible economic crashes in the 80s and 90s? And how inflation rocketed and how we had serious problems?
Has that happened in these countries in the past 10 years?

Bush, Clinton and Blaire are amazing people in my opinion.

Sure, Bush likes weapons, Clinton likes the ladies and Blaire has a weird vision of the future, but are they bad leaders?

They have propelled their respective nations more than most economically and globally.

I think they deserve a good pat on the back from their people.

</font>

I really apologise if you are not from USA and UK, and ended up reading what must be such an annoying thread.

I really will try and incorporate the rest of the world in my next topic like: Who like CATS? or WHAT is your real name? :D

The Hierophant 09-13-2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>

Well, I really don't think it was an act of god or randomn chaos theory, and they did find proof of planning... DO i have to explain this?

</font>
No, but I'd like you to.

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>
I don't mind the occasional complaint of protest about gov. but this is ridiculous. What the **** is wrong with some people (most?)
I am working in a high tech software company over the summer and the company emails are:

SHUT UP!

</font>
Well, thanks for automatically lumping all of us in the same basket as the fools that wrote those spam emails. And doubly thanks for taking your frustration with said fools out on us too! You're a true gentleman! :rolleyes:

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>
Sure, Bush likes weapons, Clinton likes the ladies and Blaire has a weird vision of the future, but are they bad leaders?

They have propelled their respective nations more than most economically and globally.

</font>

Well, that's wonderful, marvellous even. I'm happy for you, really I am. But why didn't you just say right from the start; "Bush and Blair and Clinton are like, totally awesome and stuff, cuz like, they're totally strong leaders.... and like, I really like strong leaders and stuff..." instead of raving on and telling all of us what we think?

Quote:

I really apologise if you are not from USA and UK, and ended up reading what must be such an annoying thread.

Just because someone is not a citizen of a particular country, does not mean they are not interested in its history and/or contemporary politics. I can't speak for everyone, but the problem I have with your statements and argument-in-general has less to do with what you say and more with how you say it. You blanketly accuse people of being ignorant or stupid regarding the Anglo-American alliance, and use vast, sweeping generalisations to explain such vitriolic accusations. You've been picking a fight since you started this thread, so don't act so shocked when people start taking swings at you.

Quote:

I really will try and incorporate the rest of the world in my next topic like: Who like CATS? or WHAT is your real name? :D

Now you're just being a patronising ass! Check yourself before you wreck yourself! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

[ 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]

Illumina Drathiran'ar 09-13-2004 07:37 PM

I don't hate Bush because of MM. I hate him because I disagree with almost all of his policies.

Ronn_Bman 09-13-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

BLAIRE IS A PUPPET! We are the 53rd state of america!
I must know who they think are 51 and 52. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, this is definately one for the CE Forum. ;)

Luvian 09-13-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hierophant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Avatar:
<font color=skyblue>

</font>
No, but I'd like you to.

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>

SHUT UP!

</font>
Well, thanks for automatically lumping all of us in the same basket as the fools that wrote those spam emails. And doubly thanks for taking your frustration with said fools out on us too! You're a true gentleman! :rolleyes:

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>

</font>

Well, that's wonderful, marvellous even. I'm happy for you, really I am. But why didn't you just say right from the start; "Bush and Blair and Clinton are like, totally awesome and stuff, cuz like, they're totally strong leaders.... and like, I really like strong leaders and stuff..." instead of raving on and telling all of us what we think?

Quote:

Just because someone is not a citizen of a particular country, does not mean they are not interested in its history and/or contemporary politics. I can't speak for everyone, but the problem I have with your statements and argument-in-general has less to do with what you say and more with how you say it. You blanketly accuse people of being ignorant or stupid regarding the Anglo-American alliance, and use vast, sweeping generalisations to explain such vitriolic accusations. You've been picking a fight since you started this thread, so don't act so shocked when people start taking swings at you.

Quote:

Now you're just being a patronising ass! Check yourself before you wreck yourself! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]You're not getting mad and considering flaming, are you?