Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BIGtime help needed (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55735)

mastodonian 07-21-2001 12:30 AM

Allright...so I bought the game and am loving it...UNTIL!
I'm getting my butt handed to me over and over fighting the umber hulks in the save the keep quest. The confusion is just reaking havoc. I got the hint about them being hungry, and I got the hint about the stove to make food...am I supposed to be feeding them to avoid this??? All I can say is, the only monster to crush me this bad so far was the damn elemental lich!!!
HELP!

The Black Panda 07-21-2001 12:32 AM

haha yea i remember the doggie food part

after you killed the 4 dogs, cooked up some soup...you have to have a thief or someone invisible sneak into the jail part of the keep. it's to the west where all the umberhulks are. There's a part of the jail thats broken into and you can select the ground. put the food in there and run out cuz the hulks will come immediatly (but they wont see you cuz you're inviz). Then go close the doors and finish the rest of the quest. For me, I just killed them with my kensai haha

trux 07-21-2001 12:35 AM

SPOILER...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You deciphered the hints right! You ARE supposed to feed them to avoid the attack, but I'll try not to spoil you with what you feed them - try to figure it out.

If you want to fight them, one good fighter with a nice AC and the spell Chaotic Command cast on him can clean them right up.

------------------
--
trux

Desuma_Malevois 07-21-2001 12:36 AM

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Assuming you've made the stew, there is a room to the south of the umber hulks that has some bones in it. You need to have one character using stealth or invisibility sneak into the room, leave the stew with the bones (it's like putting something into a chest), and then sneak back out and away from the umberhulks. Make sure you save before you do this, as there are some other problems you have to solve to get this to work, but if you're still stuck then post here and I'll give you more details.

The Black Panda 07-21-2001 12:37 AM

heh oops too late

Dramnek_Ulk 07-21-2001 03:34 AM

Just open the door cast cloudkill, and shut it. they cant open the door and all die within seconds.

------------------
Under the Banner

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 07-21-2001).]

mastodonian 07-21-2001 08:51 AM

OK....here's an additional part of the question (call it part two). I killed the doggies, but it was a LONG time ago and I didn't pick up the parts...do they stay on the ground indefinitely?

Seid 07-21-2001 09:51 AM

If you are on high enough level and attack them right away you can beat them easily!

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.

hazard 07-21-2001 01:53 PM

Or let loose with chaotic commands, or other spells that block confusion effects.

Nerull 07-21-2001 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hazard:
Or let loose with chaotic commands, or other spells that block confusion effects.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Did you do the quest in the sewers below the Copper Coronet? You get Lilacor, a two-handed sword that makes the wielder immune to charm and confusion. Give this to Minsc (or someone else with two-handed sword proficiency), load him up with the better AC items (best armor, rings, etc.), then let him tear them up (preferably after using haste or an oil of speed). I usually use the open door, cloudkill, close door tactic; they are low enough level that they die quick.

------------------
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~monax002/gh/head.jpg
Death is only the beginning...