Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Help with Planar Sphere (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58606)

Sorcerer Alex 11-03-2001 05:36 AM

Okay, this is quite complicated, so I'll try and explain it as best I can.

I'm a sorcerer and I want to do the planar sphere quest. Problem is, my game won't let me go to the government district (cd is damaged, probably). This is the only problem with the game, everything else works fine.

But can I still go to the Umar Hills and talk to Valygar? And make him join my party so I can go back and do the sphere? Or do I have to have talked to Tolgerias first?

Please help :(

Sir Degrader 11-03-2001 05:39 AM

You can go to the Umar Hills by taling to the little boy named Daleson, I found him in the docks so u shouldn't have a problem.

Barry the Sprout 11-03-2001 06:31 AM

Hmmm, as I remember the boy to tell you about the Umar hills quest is in front of the Council of Six building. You could have a problem here I am afraid...

Neb 11-03-2001 06:41 AM

I know how to get around your problem Alex, if you have a CD-Rom-Writer, copy the contents of the damaged CD-Rom to your harddrive, then change the .CFG file to read it from there, Writers are often capable of reading data that is too damaged for a normal drive to read and so it should be able to copy it all to your harddrive.

Sir ReGiN 11-03-2001 07:46 AM

The boy...Daelon..appears at a specific time, that means he can appear anywhere, depending on where you are at the time he appears [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Neb 11-03-2001 07:50 AM

The Umar Hills boy is ALWAYS in the Government District, near the Council building.

Sir ReGiN 11-03-2001 07:52 AM

No, he's not...or maybe I have a bug, 'cause everytime I played..the boy appears in different places..the latest time, I think...city gates.
Well, maybe it's a bug I don't know...:=)

Sorcerer Alex 11-03-2001 07:55 AM

Thanks for your help Neb, Barry, Regin and Sir Degrader. Neb, Delon isn't always in the Government District. I've bumped into him in Waukeen's Promendade and the Docks in games before this.

Neb 11-03-2001 08:07 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Thanks for your help Neb, Barry, Regin and Sir Degrader. Neb, Delon isn't always in the Government District. I've bumped into him in Waukeen's Promendade and the Docks in games before this.<hr></blockquote>

Really? That's never happened to me..... Oh, wait, I think I know why it happens, there are two possibilities, either he's begun to follow you because you got too close to him in the Government District and so you've dragged him along to another district, or if you wait too long he starts to seek you out.