Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BG2 Bar 9 - Goodness Knows (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57304)

Lord Shield 10-02-2001 03:24 PM

1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally.
2. No spamming. Single word or single sentence posts are out. This is not intended to be a chat thread, you are all welcome to go to the General Discussion Forum if you want to chat. Posting about non-BG2 issues does not belong here. This includes posting about fluffies, pillow fights that go for 300 posts, or anything else that I can't find a remote BG2 connection on.
3. No profanity. It amazes me that people can behave so differently here as in RL. Unfortunately some people have been pushing the boundaries of this so I am asking you to restrain from it altogether.
Lord Shield and Melusine are the proprietors of this bar, please respect their requests. Please let me know if these guidelines are not being adhered to.

Staff Roster:
Lord Shield - proprietor
Melusine - Head of Staff and Wedgie coordinator
Azurewolf - bouncer. Check your weapons with him on entry
Sil, Gamora and Jaheira - Waitresses
Cheesy - Earth Elemental does the cleaning
Tiddles - Son of the Tarrasque. Cute puppy most of the time
The Nishruu - tends bar when I'm not there
Troll cook from Windspear Hills does the cooking
Lord Thought, another old one, lover of Melusine
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum
And, before I forget - (Lord Thought hugs Melusine and gives her a big kiss)

The story so far:

Think somebody needs to tell me - I'm well confused

Link to the old thread here here

OOC: Sorry if I sound out of it, folks. My enthusiasm should return in the future. This job transfer is a real drag at the moment

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...s/chickenL.gif

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Neb 10-02-2001 03:36 PM

The only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that Kivan and his friends are busy fighting some Drow and their friends, I think that LS and his group are fighting some undead things and the LF and his two pals are busy attacking some vampires.

Skydracgrrl 10-02-2001 06:09 PM

Sigh, looks like im gonna have to post my "explanatory" post again... ^_^* oh well. btw, im just copy and pasting it, so things may have changed since then. (not too many posts after mine, so not really) hope i dont confuse anyone more...^_^;;OOC- Okie dokie, I'm gonna recap to help all the confused ones. ^_^ including myself, of course, heheh. Where everyone is, what they're doing, and where they're supposed to be going.
Alrighty, first it started off that Skye and her friend from long ago, Shade, met an elf (or half elf?) named Liliara. The trio went on a quest to get a sword for Liliara- the destination is a tower where only elves (and maybe half-elves) can go without instantly dying. Along the way, they stumbled into a fog while being chased by a dragon, and Skye got separated from the group. Shade is in the tower and had just stumbled upon the owner of the tower, who is now an undead mage, a lich. Liliara is in some underground tunnel, most likely leading to the tower. She's with a male elf named Bullvye, whom she stumbled upon imprisoned while in search of Skye. Link is also there, how he got there I'm not entirely sure, since he was just fighting with Lord Shield's group just a short while ago... Right now the three of them are discussing the drows that Bullvye had just killed. Skye is in a different underground tunnel and had just reached the tower, with her new "partner", Lyulfe the song dragon. (read my previous post for more details) On to the next "group"
While the trio had left, Lord Flash had gone to meet with his "benefactor", Lord Muro. He pretty much got the crap beaten out of him, then got sent on a mission to go to the same tower as the trio (Skye, Shade, & Liliara) were going to. He's with a female mindflayer named Yai'k La, and a new model of robot, X015. Right now I believe they are breaking through the tower upwards (aka, getting up through the floor), due to the fact that the tower entrance is on the 10th floor. ^_^;; Also there are two new characters, brother and sister vampyres. They are at Lord Muro's hidden island thingy, and they are about to cover the sun with a cloud, while they wake their coterie to attack Lord Shield's group, who are busy fighting a horde of hobgoblins under Lord Muro's control. Onward! ^_^
Lord Shield found out about Lord Muro existing on this plane, and went with a bunch of people from the Bar who weren't on a quest at the moment to go invade and destroy Lord Muro, and "save" Lord Flash. Right now they had just landed on the beach in some metallic hovercraft that Lord Shield had found, after finishing off a bunch of droids owned by Lord Muro, and Lord Shield is presently shooting hobgoblins through a huge rock (mountain/boulder thing), since the rock only protects them if it has his "essense" in it (quoting him on that). As for other groups and people in Lord Shield's group...
Kivan, Rissa, and Ben were sweep up by a spectral hand and brought to the red sorcerer Kharanax, who had them free him from his cell, which was protected against his magic, but not Vorpal Blade. They just freed some of Kivan's friends, Siria and Dac, and are about to attack some grimlocks that they discovered while trying to escape from the magical prison maze located "somewhere unknown" (direct quote). Oh, and Neb, mind telling us in your next post what all of your characters are? who's an elf, who's human, and their gender, and stuff like that. ^_^ thanx.
Tancred and his sorceror sword, Karnas, switched places somehow, so now Tancred is in the sword and Karnas is in Tancred's body, which now has red mage robes on, and Karnas can use his magic again. They just spotted Lord Shield's hover craft, and are heading in that direction.
Link had been transformed and was beating the crap out of robots for Lord Shield (supposedly saving his butt, heheh. ^_~* ) Link now somehow is with Liliara and Bullvye, and they are discussing the drow that had inprisoned Bullvye, who were now very dead. ^_^;; Oh, and a group of drow is about to stumble upon the threesome, so they're preparing to fight.
Encard is with Lord Shield's group, and he just cast some funky spell that summoned some mad elephant or something, which is trampling hobgoblins right and left (or something like that.) ^_^
A sorcerer(sp?) has appeared on this plane, his sig. name is Talthyr Malkaviel, but I'm unsure if he's going to have his character named that or not. He's unconsious right now, from fighting some beast.
Ash is with Lord Shield's group also, but hasn't posted since page 8, so I'm unsure if he's going to be active on this thread. The same goes for Milamber, Jabidas, SSJ4Sephiroth (aka Mui Vistage) all of which havent posted since forever. ^_^
waverider and PoesRaven stopped by to see what we're doing on page 9, but I don't believe they are active.
I hope I cleared some confusion up... and if i left a character or anything important out, just post it. ^_^ and when u post, if you dont mind, could you state the general stuff about your active character(s)? just gender, race, class, and whatever else u deem important (abilities, allignment, age, watever. ^_^) Oh, almost forgot my own character. ^_^;; Skye is an blade bard elf, about age 20 (in human years), female (no da), and, um, can be very clumsy and insane at times. ^_~* she's childhood pals with Shade.

------------------
Quote:

What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.My Website!

Encard 10-02-2001 07:11 PM

OOC: Hmm... you said the vampires aren't attacking LS yet... I was sure they were for some reason... hmm... how about we just say it's an advanced force to lock LS's party in place so they don't go and launch a raid or whatever until the rest of the undead can get there? Sounds reasonable? I think I'll wait for a replay before posting any kind of continuation on what was (I think) happening earlier.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:

Ace Flashheart 10-02-2001 07:14 PM

OOC: Skydracgrrl your my rock of ages... I think the vampires had attacked... the only thing I'm sure of is that I should have gone to bed hours ago.

Link 10-03-2001 03:57 AM

Vampires?? Hmm.. they're not too hard... What about demi-liches, a horde of 'em!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe

Lord Shield 10-03-2001 01:50 PM

OOC: Thanks for the update, Skye - much appreciated

Vampires? against me? the undead armies on the world are MY forces. Cheeky git

The Vampires around the area feel the all-empowering command of their lord. They cannot resist his will and they turn on the remaining hobgoblins. Lord Shield and Encard walk up to the rocks. The tower is visible in the distance.

Well, Encard, looks like you, me and the elephant makes three. We have about a dozen vampires. Light won't be a problem - the rules are different here. Sunlight won't hurt vampires

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...s/chickenL.gif

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Neb 10-03-2001 02:00 PM

Kivan and his friends had fought for a long time but they had almost defeated their foes, it had cost them though, Ben was bleeding a lot and they weren't sure if he was going to make it, they had Siria dressing his wounds, Dac had round out of spells and his right arm had been crushed by an ogre summoned by one of the Drow mages before Kivan could chop it up, the rest of them were mostly unharmed except for the small cuts which were inevitable in any large fight, the remaining foes were 20 Drow, 2 of which were mages, the Drow had retreated a distance and appeared to be discussing which way to attack, Kivan and his friends waited anxiously for the impending attack.

A few minutes later the Drow attacked, Kharanax got lucky and his fireball spell burned to of the Drow to ashes, he then created a moat filled with quicksand to keep away the Drow, three of them were unable to stop themselves and went into the moat where they drowned, the remaining fifteen Drow stood on the other side, Kivan had his sword ready and the Drow knew that the first to jump across would be sliced in two by his Vorpal Blade, they had reached another stalemate.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

http://www.dabros.net/images/tcampbell/hadb5.jpg Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

Lazarus 10-03-2001 02:42 PM

He watches the battle as he hears the screaming of pain
and suffering. He looks around and smells the stench of the
burning corpses. As the clouds darkened he turned his back and
ran away..

Part 2

He ran back to the battle field (bringing a chair and pop-
corn) he watches the battle rage on as he grabs a popcorn and
ate it.. then so as the onslaught continued (he ate all the popcorn of course) he stood up, he could no longer bear this onslaught that has befallen this land...

------------
To me the Part two is wierd http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...es/biggrin.gif

------------------
Lay down thine hammer,
friend, lay down
thine awl.
Thy yesteryear
trappings
are splintered and old.
Now rise up thine
mace and sword!
and thusly brandish!
The builder fuels those
who unite against
malice.

-Lazarus

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-03-2001).]

Encard 10-03-2001 03:38 PM

Encard looks around for a moment, then asks, "So, then... What's our course of action to be? Are we going after Lord Muro, or after Lord Flash?" Plague stands in place for a moment, thinking about something, and asks what the enemies they'll be fighting will be, so that he can make a few preperations in his choice of things to wear.

------------------
A Member of HADB (Who Will Find A Title Soon)
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...gat1_opt60.gif
CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-03-2001).]