Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OFF TOPIC: What country do you live in (cont'd) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50594)

Ramon 01-31-2001 12:23 AM

Hi there !

I am from Cologne, Germany, but would much rather live in Barcelona, Catalunya(Spain), especially now during winter/fall.

I speak, understand, read and write English and Spanish more or less well.

I can read and understand Catalan fairly well, speak it some, but I am almost illerate when it comes to writing it (complicated grammar and spelling).

French, I read fairly well, understand and write some, speak it a little bit - if I am drunk enough to dare, problem is, I hardly ever drink much.

I had five years of Latin at school: good for
getting top grades fairly easy, but in retrospective a complete waste of time.

So long,

Ramon

Moiraine 01-31-2001 12:33 AM

Wow ! Je suis impressionnée !

Bienvenue à bord, Ramon.

draconia 01-31-2001 12:34 AM

Moiraine, just out of curiousity, what did you say?

fighter-thief 01-31-2001 12:36 AM

is learnig different languages like if you see something you kinda have an idea as to what it sayes all though you dont have a clue?

Moiraine 01-31-2001 12:38 AM

I said :

Wow ! I am impressed !
Welcome aboard, Ramon.

Cloudbringer 01-31-2001 12:39 AM

Ok, I guess I'll chime in. I'm in the USA, upstate NY near the capital, Albany. Doesn't look like many folk posting in this thread (the first half) are from the northeast US.

Speak English (duh, obvious, I guess!) and Russian, smattering of German (from three semesters of college courses ages ago!) Got two degrees in the Russian, though. Can't say as I use it extensively now, but get verbal practice in at work from time to time.

draconia 01-31-2001 12:41 AM

I don't know Fighter-thief. I have always wanted to learn another language. I grew up with Spanish and I had to learn English. Now I need to relearn Spanish. Most of the time I don't have a clue what anyone says in another language.
Thanks Moiraine. I have no idea how to say it in French but now I learned something new.

Turin_Mormegil 01-31-2001 12:44 AM

Im from Serbia but i live in toronto canada...i got there during the summer.

fighter-thief 01-31-2001 12:45 AM

me too ive learned to say a few things in French ,Spanish ,German ,& Korean but i couldn't spell what i have learned just ask moiraine

draconia 01-31-2001 12:49 AM

At least you can say a few things from those languages. I don't know anyone here that can teach me another language. My brother-n-law knows German and he said that he can give me his stuff to learn. I think I would rather learn French. I love the way it sounds when ppl talk French. But only if they are from France. I know someone that speaks a little French and it doesn't sound the same like when someone from France speaks.